Why does my mom think I'm good looking? Do all moms think of their sons as that way?

She is really under the delusion that I'm a good looking guy and any girl would love to have me. I remember when I was in school and all and she used to ask me how many girls liked me. I mean I'm in my mid 20's and still haven't even met a girl now who was attracted to me and never kissed one yet, forget sex. Somehow I keep being told there's nothing wrong with how I look and all when I've ran out of count of how many girls that have called me ugly and said "eww". Anyways, are all mothers really like and think they have a good looking son? No matter how many girls are unattracted to some of the guys out there.

Most Helpful Guy

• Family bias. That's is how I always took it. That's why I never take any complements from my family about me seriously. Or elderly people for that matter. It's just natural for a parent to think highly of his/her child.

What Girls Said 3

• I have never heard a mother call her son ugly, that being said your mother seems supportive of you..so I don't see a problem

• your mom sees the best in you. that's a good thing. :) and no, not all mothers see the best in their children.

• The best of me? Well it makes me feel ashamed of myself.

• Quite sad I mean.

• i'm sorry you feel that way :/

• Because parents are biased towards their children. She is not delusional she sees through the loving eyes of a mom. The love of a parent is the strongest love anyone can feel she can't help it. I have a son so I am speaking from experience.

What Guys Said 4

• Yeah, mine is like that too. I don't think they can help it; they're programmed to appreciate their offspring even when there is no reason to :p

• I'd say yes, all mothers do that. Their kids, especially their sons, are perfect creatures in every way. At least that's my experience so far.

• Growing up, everyone in my family thought I was going to be some hot stud in High School. Boy were they wrong.

There is a saying that goes "He has a face that only a mother would love."

• Yeah, my mom and aunt thought the same too and I kinda believed that. Turned out to be a huge disappointment. It really is best for a parent, especially mothers to not give their kids false hopes just because they see them as perfect.

• If I had a kid, I would want what's best for him or her. I wouldn't do anything to keep them down. To me, it's a responsibility to give a child hope, in a world where dogs eat dogs and you might never find the same affection anywhere else.

• Yep. Just a mother for you. Mine doesn't do it anymore. Don't really care.