Tattoos and piercings - When is it too much?

When do you think someone has crossed the line as far as tattoos & piercings go? Or, do you think there is no line, & that the more the better?

Examples:

link link

link link

link link

link link

Most Helpful Guy

• That set made me laugh my a$$ off. I'm looking through thinking "whats wrong with that" then I see a needle in someone's eye.

I personally think that if you can see the tattoo on your wedding day its too much. And piercings max one per body part (I think) but it really depends.

What Guys Said 8

• I personally love piercings and tats and if a girl has them they are sexier imo but yeah there's a limit just a very hard to reach limit. I am stretching my ears to 1inch and will have my eyebrow pierced twice a bridge piercing septum and a single lip piercing or snake bites. I'm also going to have full sleeves on each arm and some tat work on my chest and back. A girls that shares this interest with me is a plus and I instantly feel a greater connection with them. But a girl who accepts me for who I am and supports my decision to look how I want is also nice.

• something symmetrical on the girls shoulders and arms.

lotsa girls think its cuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttte to have tattoos on their legs, stomach and hips, and stuff like that.

I don't think that's attractive do something in a better place where it'll look equal on your body. then that's attractive.

• Not one for piercings and tattoos. Ideally my girl would have at most 3 on each ear (two lobe and one cartilage) and maybe a belly button piercing, but that's it. I'm perfectly happy with none though. And if you have more than that, it's not an automatic deal breaker, but I'm probably not gonna like them.

In general I don't like tattoos on girls.

• What about on males, do you think it's okay for men to have those things?

• Well, me, I will never have any of either. I think tattoos look better on guys, and piercings better on girls, but I'm not one for too much of either.

Also I want to clarify that I'm giving my opinion on what looks nice to me, not creating a standard of who's allowed what.

• I think it should be up to you how far the line goes. I do not have piercings or tattoos myself, though I plan on getting at least one tat.

• I don't think there's such a thing as 'too much' of anything =] I won't find the higher end of the spectrum attractive necessarily but I like that it goes on, you know? Some people look so f***ing extreeeme though. My friend' used to know a guy who had stretched his ears out so far that people could jump through the gauge. LOL.

• wow, that is crazy!

• That woman said she does it because she likes the "victorian age." I think some women would do that because they think the skinnier they are the better. I think people look good with some meat on their bones though.

• Ohhh yeah, that makes sense. And yeah. I dunno, I like people without, with or in excess of meat :)

• Me personally, I enjoy art an the idea of it. I have a sleeve already, any I plan to use my body as a canvas XD

• Personally, ear piercings and maybe a monroe, that's all I like. If they have a lip piercing, or nose, I think it's a turn off. Tattoos, a few here and there and that is more than enough. That's my opinion..

• The first 4 are fine. The last 4 are not.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think the amount matters as much as the quality and how well the tattoo/piercing looks on the individual. If it means something special to you, then I think it's fine. But I don't think a person should cover themselves entirely in ink and pierce it with holes just for the sake of doing so. Everything in moderation.

• I think more than four piercings in any one given area (ear, face, etc) is excessive, and tattoos shouldn't cover more than probably 10 or 15% of your body.

• When I can't see them and can only see skin and metal/ink.

• I think the 1st four are good, but the last 4 are a bit too extreme for me.