Attraction

For people who are in long term relationships, are you still attracted to your significant other? Please provide how many years in your relationship.

we were together for 8 and married for about a year. I no longer find him physically attractive whatsoever. He has gained about 60 pounds since I've met him. Is that mean? I've tried so many ways to lose weight with him, etc. just doesn't work.
I agree with you sassy, some of his traits are such a turn off. Such as getting upset easily, no manner, rude, loud, etc. I think to myself sometimes of what I saw in him. It is just that physical attraction bothers me a lot as it leads to minimal sex.
he has been obese throughout most of our relationship. So, no, the relationship has never been based on physical attraction for me anyways. However, the weight gain has been a problem when he places his weight on me during sex as I am a small girl.

Most Helpful Girl

• its not been so long.but for me.significant 2 years of my life.

yes,i still find him very attractive.his personality plus his looks.just his mere presence in a vicinity close to me is enough to set my pulse racing.even if we are not physically intimate at tht point of time.just the fact that he is you know.there.is enough.ohh yea,he is hot.

i think the point is that once the connection has been made.its not merely physcial.its more than that.it has to be intellectual and emotional as well.ppl are very lucky to have such connections.especially in 1 relationship.

i know I am :)

hope this helped

What Guys Said 1

• I would say relationships not always have the lust in it. . . But the love and the friendship will always be there and that's most important thing there is in life. People should appreciate other more simple things in life.

If the love is pure. . . It won't last lifetime. . . It will last forever.

What Girls Said 9

• Umm then why did you get married? Why is everyone's idea of a good relationship based on the physical nowadays and once that starts to dim, people realize that persons true color. What happened to true love and "No matter what"? Guess being a Soldier's wife I understand that a lot better than most.

• 3 years married for 1 1/2. And yes, I still find him super attractive like when I first saw him. Of course.the uniform helps a lot hehe. ;) I asked my mom this question.her and my dad have been together almost 30 years and her response was the same. She thinks me dad is just as attractive, if not more, than when she first saw him 35 years ago.

• I think it's a different type of attraction. I was with my ex for over 5 years. It wasn't the same lust as in the beginning, but definitely still attracted to him.

• I take part of my answer back after your update. I stopped being attracted to my ex at one point too, but it had to do with problems in our relationship, not his actual appearance. Even now, when I see him, depending on his mood, I'll be attracted to him or not. If his mood reminds me of the good times, I'll find him attractive. It's more of a psychological thing to me than anything.

• my fiance and I have been together for a year nd I still find him just as atteactive or even more attractive then I did when we first got together! but I think that's how women are men on the oher hand idk? they may change thir minds! although mine says that he has not! he still thinks I'm attractive!

• oo.so you cud actually tell him this.u know,kind of subtly joke with him abt it.perhaps he will realize it.help him out :)

• 13 years, 2 1/2 married. Attracted to him? well not like I once was when we first met or like the first couple of years, but yes I still find him to be attractive at times. it turns into a different kind of attraction, its not the I want to jump your bones kinda thing or your sooo hot, I mean that goes away for the most part, but yes I still find him to be attractive, he's a good provider, good listener, good best friend, hard worker, honest, good uncle, good son, all these things make him attractive to me now, I never thought about him being any of these things when we first met.

• Most of the times. lol. We've been together for 5 1/2 years. We've been living together for a little over a year now. Honeymoon stage is definitely gone. But because I know him inside and out, I've learned to love his flaws too. Generally, he has ugly feet because he's a runner. But to me, his every toe is perfect. I don't tell him that though, of course. He may not look cute all the time, but attaction is always there.

• my boyfriend and I have been together for five years. and I'm still very much attracted to him.

• Thank goodness. I'm terrified that I'll lose attraction after dating someone for a while.

• I don't think its something you lose. if you really like the person for who they are, then the more you get to know them the more you feel attracted to them. for me and my boyfriend the honeymoon stage is defenatly over. but I don't think its something we lost, our attraction now is much greater,. and on a deeper level. I don't just want him for his amazing body=] I want him for his great personaly, the ability to connect with me. and just making me happy.