Getting rid of oily hair?

I have really oily hair, even though I take wash my hair every day, and I use a special shampoo that's suppose to make it less oily, but then it just gets dried out. Is there anyway, I can make it look soft and shiny, without looking greasy?

Most Helpful Girl

• use mild shampoo these agiangst oily hair are really aggressive and by stripping off the naturally oil of your scal your scalp will produce even more oil

so use mild or at least shampoo for normal not oily hair and try to wash them every second day I know it is nasty I had oily hair too but your scalp will get used to this and reduce the oil production and don`t brush your scalp!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• Dry shampoo or baby powder (tiny bit on your hair brush), try a different shampoo? I find it works switching after a while as your hair gets too used to a product which makes it less effective, only put conditioner through the ends of your hair oh and blow dry hair on the cool setting (that's important) :)

• Oh wow I didn't know about the thing with the blow dryer Thanks for the help :)

• No worries :3

• Try different shampoos and conditioners, also, it really depends on what type of hair you have, but I use a little bit of baby powder when I don't have time to wash my hair and it gets a little greasy. Just put it on a bristle brush and brush it through, then blow dry/style :)

• my cousin used to have oily hair she tried putting henna on it and it really worked well , dries your hair so if you have dry hair don't use it , problem is your hair will have a reddish shine in it I think it looks nice but others might not .. try it , it even stops your hair from fallin gout and gets rid of dandruff .. just use 100% natural henna , you can find it in the body shop , hope this helps :)

• just try and find different shampoos and conditionersyou should wash your hair eveyday and also depends on your hair type , like mine is oily too so I use dove shampoo really helps

• you can try baby powder

link

if you do it right, it's suppose to absorb the oil