Dyed hair (dark red) on guys, does is look good?

Would dark red hair highlights on a guy look good? I'm thinking about it...I love seeing black/dark red hair on chicks, it looks good IMO (dark red is my fav color). Anyway, what do you think?

I have black hair, straight

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 12

• Depends.

1. Do you look like this? link

or 2. Do you look like this? link

or 3. Do you look like this? link

or 4. Do you look like this? link

or 5. Do you look like this? link

• i have black hair...and would only be getting dark red highlights along the top of my head so not my full head.

• You mean the backwards "I need a touch-up" look? Not really getting what you are saying. Also, black hair with red would be streaks not highlights. Highlights mean the color is 1-2 shades lighter then your natural hair, I believe. If you want red streaks, you will look scene/emo. If that is the look you are going for, then go for it. If not, rethink.

• i tend to throw around words like "highlighs" sometimes lol...i really don't know all the terminology I'm not a hair stylist nor do I dye my hair often or ever...I would not look emo no matter what I did with my hair btw

• I suggest you don't. Dyed red hair my opinion looks terrible because half the time people don't take care of it and don't get their roots touched up. You have to constantly get your roots touched up with red hair as well as blond dyed hair.

I think a dark red tint however would look good however.

• Yep.

I've liked dye red on guys since I saw Ryan Philippe as Shad in Nowhere.

• If you want to, then go for it, bud. :)

• How red are we talking, here? I'm not sure about the highlights, but my guy has dyed hair like this ( link ), and I love it. :D

• Do you just want highlights? Is so I would suggest just doing the tips of your hair because that looks awesome. If it's the whole thing then go ahead, I think guys with dark red hair are pretty cool :)

• It's Hot! Just do it! :)

• yes,but it depends how you style it.

link

• On a man, probably not.

• guys should not dye their hair. or care about how it looks.

• it sounds pretty cool

• Noooo

What Guys Said 2

• I had red highlights before, there is a pic on my profile of it I think lol, a thing to note is you wanna find a good shampoo/dye for red highlights to stop them fading and it is a lot of work keeping them fresh looking. Otherwise go for it, it'll look good :)

• I have the same hairstyle as you, almost identical. I think red highlights on dark hair are badass..but personally I like a real dark red. must research further.

• It depends, if done in the Christiane F way it could look really badass, but a lot of people doing it at the minute just make it look really bad =/ Could go either way, try it out anyway =]