Is this an appropriate outfit?

I'm celebrating a one year anniversary with my boyfriend and I was wondering if this is a good dress for the night. We're going ice-skating, so this will be a wordrobe change lol.

link

We were waiting on a bench in the mall when I saw this dress. We went into the store and I tried it on, but my boyfriend hadn't seen it on me. I didn't get it because I was waiting until payday. As me and my boyfriend were driving past the mall later that day he asked about the dress because I seemed to love it. I said I would buy it, but he pulled into the mall and told me he would pay me back for buying lunch that day. He knows it's for our anniversary.
Ice skating was fun, I did fall...but only once. Of course by boyfriend was a freaking natural at it, and I felt like a new born deer on the ice.

We went to dinner at a steak house, but I had to drive home...and he slept in the passenger seat for 45 minutes.

I wasn't exactly feeling it, but we did end the night like it was planned.

He said, "I noticed guys that couldn't take their eyes off you."

Most Helpful Guy

• I like the length, given your legs, but I don't like the shape. The sides from your armpit to your knee pretty much look like they go straight up and down. I think something that showed more curve around your boobs, your waist and hour hips would look better. Though, maybe it looks great from behind.

What Guys Said 7

• It will totally depend on what SHOES you'll be wearing - shoes can totally make or break an entire outfit -- and also WHERE you're going (besides the ice rink). But it should be relatively appropriate for a 1-year shindig, and the black stripes on the side look elastic, which could come in handy as well.

• We're just going to dinner. I'm not sure what shoes I'll be wearing. Probably some highheels like stilettos. The sides are stretchy, yessir.

• nice...have fun with those elastics hahaa

• Christ on a stick.

I'm not sure it's an appropriate dress for going out anywhere.

More like one for rampant spontaneous lust fuelled sex.

Why don't my girlfriends ever many any gestures like that.

• I think its fine, your very cute :)

• Looks stunning, but I think you're gonna freeze, and probably get ice burns if you fall.

• Looks hot. Go for it.

• How was it? Did it lead to great sex aferwards? ;-)

• We haven't had our anniversary yet, it's on the 4th of September lol

• You did "end the night like it was planned?" Care to elaborate? ;)

• So no update then? :(

• Jesus

leave something for the wedding night

christ almighty

What Girls Said 7

• not a huge fan, myself. a bit short and too revealing in general, imo. If you're looking for sex at the end of the night, though, I guess that might not be an awful choice.

• Lol uhm your opinion is appreciated. I just really want him to covet me. I kind of want to bring out the passion in him. I love my guy, but he can be a bit boring and I don't want to HAVE TO initiate anything.

• It doesn't appear to be a particularly figure flattering dress. It looks like the lower black straps are cutting into your hip bones. The length says "hey I'm sexy" especially with your legs. But I feel like you might get a better reaction showing a little less on the torso. Aka cover your stomach. Of course I might also recommend you wearing some sexy undergarments and just including your boyfriend in your wardrobe change... You might finish getting dressed.

• It is a cute dress, but not for ice skating. What is wrong with jeans and a cute shirt, you should be comfortable on a date, and hope that he will find what you are wearing attractive. Where things that you like to wear, not just for him.

• yes lovely! and with your hair down would really look gorgeous!

seriously looks like you should be on the Rcarpet(:

i don't think its to short

you've been together a year now you need to show him what he's got(: xx

• Yeah, it's a cute dress. Do it!

• I like it :) A black shrug over it would be really cute, too.

• i would ask him lol

• but she wants to surprise him ?

anyway he should never be in control of what you wear

• you've got a point :)