What's causing these breakouts and how can I get rid of them?

for the last two weeks my chin has broken out like crazy. it's all red and the pimples are those deep, nasty, painful, underground bastards.

i haven't changed my skincare routine and I'm not that stressed out. I don't normally get breakouts this bad.

my parents refuse to take me to a dermatologist because they say it's a passing phase. but I start school in a week and I'll be damned if these bastards are going to ruin my first day.

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course your never supposed to pop pimples anyways but especially don't even try with deep ones that look like you might not be able to, it will just make things worse. For one thing you could force the oils deeper into the skin causing more damage. One product I've been using recently is the Clean&Clear advanced spot treatment I haven't seen it do much in 8 hours like it says but within a few days it can drasticly reduce the pimple. Hope that helps and good luck :)

What Guys Said 3

• Seriously? You really think something that happens to most teenagers is gonna ruin your day? Get real lol, you're in high school, everyone gets acne. Who gives a sh*t? Just keep on using your cream or whatever you use and it'll pass soon.

• dont touch your face...if you haven't washed your hands...also, keep your hair clean...that helps a lot

• This is what I wanna know :P

What Girls Said 2

• Have you been eating greasy foods? Pizza, burgers, all that fast good stuff and bad oils can do it really easily. But if you are 16, then that can be an age where it starts unfortunately :( so just keep using your skin treatments. I find that clay masks really help alot!

• Don't touch your face as much, I'm serious. The oils from yout hands transfer on to your face. Oh and drink lots and lots of water. It could also just be hormones, I break out a few days before I get my period. Just to make my life awesome.