How do I change my style?

I have been wearing the same style since 8th grade...I'm now 20. I'm 5'2 and its hard to find clothes that actually fit right. My weight goes up and down so my clothes seem to stretch. I want to look more like a college student instead of a child stuck in middle school.

My style right now is very plain. I'm into the preppy look but I'm not sure how that looks on me. I wear a lot of shirts that are painted or that I got from mom. Hope that helps all in all my style right now is everywhere

Most Helpful Girl

• First thing first, get a nice hair cut, that's the fastest way to change your style. If you wear glasses (all the time), try contact lens if you haven't already. I suggest go to store and look at how people mix and match outfits for mannequins and decide what kind of style that suits you most. Sorry to ask this, how much do you weigh currently? The best thing is to get the right size of clothes, if you don't like outfit that expose too much, try longer ones and add a belt, you'll look good.

Just don't be afraid to try on different styles, you'll figure out more what style suit you best eventually. Good luck :)

What Guys Said 2

• try being a 5'8" guy..whose weight also fluctuates..and is 22...

ive struggled with keeping my weight down my entire life (I was once 150 and I'm now 120, thank god)..and I will never be taller than 6' since I'm 22 and I'm done growing...i just have never found the right clothes for myself..so we're in this together :(

• yea I'm in middle school so I probably can't help you but short shorts are always awesome so if you have those keep them and if your don't buy some

What Girls Said 1

• It would help if you described the style you currently have. When you say middle school child, I picture the t-shirts with cute pictures and funny sayings on them. You should stay away from those for the most part if you can. Apart from that I would say that as long as you are dressing in a manner than is classy and cute you will look like a college student. Don't wear pyjama pants around. (sorry, pet peeve) and you should be fine. Maybe start shopping at some different stores in order to get a different look?