Long damaged hair or middle and healthy?

I have longer hair but I damaged the ends with constant chemical dying. I am planning on coming back to my neutral color and now comes the question every girl has once asked:

Should I just snip off the dead ends? I mean, it's not that bad, people don't point and laugh at the street, but it is significantly worse than the rest.

So, mid-lenght and healthy / long bob-like Jessica Alba's/

or long and damaged?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would, without a doubt, say mid length and healthy. I know long hair is lovely, and I am sure it looks great on you. But I think it would look better if it were healthy. And once it is, you can start to grow it out (I think it'll even grow faster!) and that way, when it's long again it will be all lustrous and incredible and people in the street WILL point, albeit for good reasons, instead of just seeing another girl who can't let go of her hair.

What Guys Said 2

• I thought all hair was dead

• You know I expected someone to go trollin :D In hair terms, "dead" means unable to recover from a bad state of damage. I don't think we can call something that has never lived "dead" in the regular meaning.

• hear that girls, you CAN NOT keep dying your hair. you are slowly killing it as you do it more and more...this is a warning from the QA..i suggest you take it!

• The hair in which you see above the skin surface is not living, the only living part is in the follicles under the skin. Adding chemicals can damage hair but if it's treated well and an intensive mask is used regularly then there is no reason why you can't have dyed, healthy hair.

This is not a warning to anyone, you get split ends and such from washing, drying etc not only from dying hair.

So you CAN keep dying your hair if you want to just look after it better.

What Girls Said 7

• Go healthy and start over especially if you're planning on going back to your natural color. Its better to start over than to grow even more dead ends. Also healthy hair looks better.

• Have healthy hair and cut off the damaged bit.

Try to use an intensive mask at least once a week, it'll make a HUGE difference :)

And at the end of the day, hair grows so if you don't like it then it'll be long again in no time :) x

• Snip off the ends. I'm not sure how bad your ends are, but two inches should do. And then just keep getting a trim every 6 weeks or so.

I know how you feel though, I am super stingy when it comes to cutting my hair :P But I'd rather have nice medium length hair, than nasty ends.

• Snip off the dead ends. I suggest talk to your hair stylist. Choose the right shampoo and grow long healthy hair, I swear you'll love your new new hair.

• Cut it. It grows faster if you cut it more often so before you know it you will have the long hair again

• mid length and healthy :D snip the ends off , I love long black hair but if its dull at the end then snipping it off would be much better , don't forget you hair grows so its not a big deal :D

• use nexus promend. it worked wonders on my hair!