Looks or personality?

Which one would you prefer? How come most people say personality, but they go for looks?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, you know what they say; you can't do personality...

What Girls Said 13

• It's in our nature to go for looks. but in the end it's the personality that counts. I guess it's a little bit of both :)

• Looks is based on what you think looks good. Not everyone is attracted to the same thing. Personality is always a bonus :)

• link LOL!

• I'll give the most honest answer on this page.

People say that personality is more important because:

1- They're ugly

2- They think it's what's politically correct and what people want to hear. So they say it to make people think they're great and to feel goo about themselves.

3- They're weak minded and liars who just go along with whatever.

The truth is, looks matter the most. You can get away with a lot more if you look good, and lets face it. If personality was really that important, why don't fat or ugly people want to date other fat ugly people? Instead they bitch and whine about attractive people not wanting them.

• Personality wins in the long run but looks are there all the time. A person can have a great personality but say they gain weight, your attraction to them might go down but as long as they have a great personality, that matters more.

• im going to be honestand I go for looks because it honestly reflects on personality

• really? then what's my personality based on looks?

• most people not all but the way you carry yourself is how much you love yourself. I don't mean looks as in hot no non o I mean as in showerd clean dresses nice.

• lol that stuff can easily trick u

• looks, I can not be in a relationship just cause I like his personality I need sexual attraction. But if he's smoking and is an ass then he's gone I'm not going to be with a jerk

• no one admits it but everyone feels like u. what are people with no looks supposed to do?

• thanks. And I have no clue maby find someone who wants personality rather than looks, or maby try a diffrent look and style diffrently

• :O I don't feel ugly

• personality, hands down.

• Looks get you noticed, personality makes you stick around.

• Looks is what first attracts me. But he has to have a good personality for me to stay.

• ok what if someone ugly approached you and asked you out?

• Iwould probably turn him down. Like I said, I have to be attracted to him physically for me to go out with him but if he looks good and has a sh*tty personality, I won't be into him.

• but you can fake personality, I know I can and I have.

• You have to have a really good personality, but looks to count

• you need to be hot enough to attract me, but to kep me, you need personality

• Well, humans are visual creatures. Looks catch our attention, but personality is what GENUINELY makes us like the person. In other words, I pick personality over looks. Looks fade, but personality makes us who we are and it's always there to stay. In my opinion, there's absolutely nothing worst then a guy or a girl who have the looks, but a shallow, arrogant, and a conceited (I'm better than you) personality.

What Guys Said 3

• 'most people say personality, but they go for looks' < That us too true, people judge by appearance too much these days, both guys and girls.

• I'll probably notice somebody for their looks but they are just another person to me until I know what kind of person they are. Personality by far.

• looks are all that you see about a person when you first meet them. its not like you can tell what personality a person has from looking at them.

so for me, at first looks, then personality. if I get to know a person with good looks, but a sh*tty personality- they're not worth dating. but then again- I wouldn't date anyone particularly ugly.

• what if an ugly gal asked you out?

• lol. total stranger and I didn't know her at all? first of all it'd be kinda creepy. but I would go on one date then do the whole common interests, and personality thing.

• wish all the girls were like you mate lol some people just need a chance to shine :P