I seem to be getting dandruff all of the sudden, suggestions?

So I use head and shoulders right now, I've used selsun blue in the past.

Ive read that you should switch up the type of shampoo/conditioner you use every month, is this true?

I wash my hair every other day, I know you're not supposed to wash every single day unless you do vigerous activities...i seem to, lately at least, be getting a lot more dandruff.

I also think I'm getting pimples on my head, maybe I'm just noticing them now, sometimes its almost like a scab maybe? could that be the pours being opened and not healing properly? Am I doing something wrong?

I don't mean to gross anyone out by saying this I really just need some advice on what I could do to prevent the dandruff and pimples that I've recently been getting...

maybe taking cold showers or at least cool showers? I don't know if the water temp has any affect on making your head dry or what...anyone whohas had issues like this before? what has worked for you? what can yo suggest? any advice please...im not a dirty person I just can't seem to shake this dandruff all of the sudden...

FYI- I used to get it a lot when I was younger then started using dandruff shampoo and it eventually went away all together...now I notice it coming back, maybe there is a reason for it? suggestions?

switched to selsum or whatever its call and now I'm A LOT better...i think I'll have to switch up every month. Thanks everyone

Most Helpful Girl

• The condition is called seborrheic dermatis, that is what the scab thibgs are and dandruff. I have it also I use regular shampoo 2-3 times a week them use t-gel the 2-3day and just use conditioner the rest of the days.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• I would just suggest trying a different product for a while and see what happens.

• Dandruff is quite a complicated little bugger with several causes, almost a dozen different treatments, and some of the most effective discoveries against it are less than 5 years old.

Do yourself a favour, and read up on it here. link

It's surprisingly informative.