Is trying to get a girl friend even worth it right now?

I've been single since freshman year, And I've hated it from the start, I've always wanted a girl friend since then but no dice. But here I am beginning my senior year wondering if its even worth it, I'll be heading to the University of Oregon in a year so I kind of feel like its useless at this point. Advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• my suggestion: don't wait. use this year you have left for practice. you can have the totally worst and most awkward situations happen.. but its fine because in a year you're going to be somewhere else in an entirely different (and probably much larger) pool of people to work with. if you wait until you get to oregon you're going to be in the same boat.. just in a larger pond. so take this time to get some experience with what works, what doesn't, your style, your approach, etc, so once you get to Oregon you'll be all set.

good luck

What Girls Said 1

• I mean if you're trying to get a serious girlfriend I say that right now wouldn't be the best time to do that because this would be the worst time in my opinion. I say wait until you get to college and your in a steady place.

What Guys Said 3

• This is what I did my senior year; I dated girls during the summer before my senior year and had fun taking them out. As soon as my senior year approached I had a girl that I was the most interested in that I dated during the summer and kept talking to her throughout my final year in high school.

You can have a girlfriend without serious attachments. That's what I did. She knew I didn't want anything serious and I think she agreed because college was next up. The last thing you want to do is get in a serious relationship with a girl before you go to college. Just make sure if you start wooing a girl and you like each other enough to be exclusive, let her know you're not looking for a serious relationship because college is coming up but you really like her and would like her as a girlfriend. She should totally get it and agree unless she's some clingy crazy girl. Break things off with your girlfriend when you graduate high school...unless you're crazy for her and want to try dating going to college. You can still be great friends with her. To some extent it'll be hard if you break up..even if you didn't have a serious relationship with her. It's just what happens, so be prepared.. but hey man, you got college to think about and there will be so so many other attractive girls in college.

My advice to you is to just date around and have fun, if you want a girlfriend, go ahead and make it official with the girl you want when you're ready...you can have a relationship without it being really serious. Just look for the fun in it since you're only in high school. Use your last year in high school busting your ass on your grades, but also enjoying dating a girl or girls. Get the experience and figure out each and every girl's personality that you date...compare and find what kind of girl you like and what you want to be looking for later in life (college). High school is about preparing for college and having fun...with girls. Have fun bud

• Any experience you can get is usually a positive thing and at least if you f*** up you won't be seeing most of your classmates in a year anyways

• i'd wait until you get to college