Do you think trends are to be even followed at all?

I have always tried my best to stand out and not wear/do anything the entire world is doing at the same time, whether this refers to clothes, activities, shows, anything. I especially see people wearing things every other person is as well just because the product is popular, but they don't seem to care about the fact that it has kinda lost it's importance.

But then the 'style' gurus always tell us what's in and what's out. Since they are the it society, one would be expected to follow their lead since they 'know better'.

So guys and girls, How do you feel about your style?

Do you do your own thing, or do you stay up to date with the most trending fashions?

Most Helpful Girl

• Funny you say that when growing up I always hated to use what everyone was using, do whatever everyone was doing, I wanted to be unique more than anything and even if I liked a trend I wouldn't do it because I didn't want to be like most of the people, that s why I always wanted to be a pale full of freckles redhair, I think it Will match my personality the most than a boring brunette lol...

My sis did all the trends like she liked to be part of a group, like everyone is wearing a certain bag or shoe she Will go for it...i think people do that to not feel alone, to not be different some people are scared to be different as it calls attention...

As fashion trends goes what happens is that like for know the trend is long pleated skirts, you Will see it in plenty of stores só if you like the trend you use it...if you dont, don't buy it...

I wouldn't stop wearing something I like because its not in, not would I wear something because someone said its cool...

What Girls Said 6

• I usually just do what I want. If I like something, I wear it. I don't look to other people to tell me what to wear, I see something and I think it would look nice on me and I wear it. Some styles just don't suit everyone, so I think people should consider trends carefully. I'm not going to say that I don't wear what everyone else wears, I buy some clothes at Wal-mart, it's hard to get 100 percent original one of a kind pieces. But I do make some of my own clothing too. But I don't go out and buy a shirt with a logo on it because the magazines or my friends said it was cool. I'm not a huge brand name person, I like stuff that looks nice on me. So I love mixing and matching.

I try to create trends, and I think I have at some points :)

• Do you think trends are to be even followed at all? yes. people who like it should follow whatever it is.

How do you feel about your style? love it

Do you do your own thing, or do you stay up to date with the most trending fashions? both I wear what I want & look at trends to see if I like the look

I have always tried my best to stand out and not wear/do anything the entire world is doing at the same time

^ that lifestyle is a trend too. it's the 'I'm a unique individual because I don't like mainstream' trend. Or the 'I don't like what everyone else likes' trend.

• Like I would wear those preppy little $6000 jackets that look like something my great grandma would wear and you won't catch me in a floral anything, anytime soon. I go simple and edgey, leather jackets, band tees, jeans and either doc martins or converses, That or whatever else I find first ha ha :) anywhoooo yea they're kinda dumb, why should I wear something I don't like just because some random person that I don't know says it's 'in'. But they can do what they want, I won't criticize or tell them what to do with their lives, just like I wouldn't want them to do that to me. Dress how you want, make friends with who you want, do what you want, just don't tell me to follow you, is my one golden rule for them :) I also, tend to not actually care what they do so yea ha ha

• Trends are called "Trends" because they get followed.

Anyway...my fashion consist of whatever I like in the trends and feel comfortable wearing.

I mix and match trends from the passed and present. And also I love my weird style.

• when I was in jr high and high school I followed the trends more and wanted to fit in more. Like I would wear jnco jeans and bell bottoms in 7th grade, in 8th grade I wore flares, in 9th grade I wore those skinny jeans. Stuff like that. And those adidas superstar shoes were the hottest thing back in my days, so I had to have a pair and I pretty much adored it like it was my best possession since all the cool kids had a pair. Now that I'm out of high school, I don't really care too much for trends. I wear plain t shirts in gray, white and pink from forever21 and I wear plain loose regular fit jeans from the thrift store. Shoes? I wear converse all stars that look more classy.

• i tend to start trends, and then frustratingly have to move on to something else because the trend I started becomes too popular and I hate everyone.

What Guys Said 2

• The real question here is, why do people listen to others telling them what looks good and what doesn't? Isn't that something that is left to individual taste? If your taste mirrors what others are wearing that's one thing. What I want to know is, why do so many people compromise their individual taste for the sake of following trends?

I see questions pop up here like "What will the big trends be next summer?"

Why? Why do you care? How do you know you'll like it? Are you going to mindlessly buy it regardless of whether or not its aesthetically pleasing to you?

• I feel that wearing or doing something just because it's the latest trend is ridiculous. But then again, I feel that nót wearing or nót doing something just because it's the latest trend is just as ridiculous.

Just wear whatever you want to wear.