Is it easier for men to be attractive than women?

I think all a guy has to do to look attractive is be in shape & groom well. But a woman can be in shape & groom well, & still be unattractive to men... What do you think of this?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's about looks and personality. Girls for the most part will look at looks (at a smaller level than guys) personality, and financial status. Guys don't care about financial status in their partner as much as women do. And that can actually trump the guys card of him having it harder or not. Both genders have their difficulties. I think it's easier for a woman to score a guy than it is a guy to score a woman. But I think it's easier for men to be more attractive in the sense of what women look for than a woman be attractive in what men look for. If any of this makes sense at all.

• That made perfect sense, than you. And thank you for saying it is harder for women to be attractive in what men look for, it's nice to hear a guy actually say that, I appreciate it.

• You're welcome. Oh, and what sketchy is saying. He's actually right, but the way he said it was wrong. It's much easier for a woman to stay in shape and be healthy than it is for a man to stay and shape be healthy and at the same time build muscle.. Neither one is easy, but if men don't build the muscle and decide to become slim, then both genders have it just as hard. However, if a man is trying to get slim and build muscle. It's a bit harder. But like I said earlier, women still have it harder

• in terms of getting a guy finding her physically attractive. A guy with 7% body fat is on the same athletic shape as a woman with 12% body fat. However, a woman is more likely to be "extremely" attractive ( I'm emphasizing extremely) to a guy who has 12-15% body fat. Compared to a man being extremely attractive to a woman who has 17-20% body fat. Are there men who can find a bigger woman extremely attractive. Yeah, no doubt. But not nearly as much as a women can find a bigger man attractive.

What Guys Said 5

• To be honest, as you get older, in shape and groomed well cuts it for women too.

When you're young, lots of women are in shape, so being 'pretty' is important.

By mid 30's, most women are fat, if you have a gym toned body, good hair style and dress well, even if you're not naturally hot, you'll still be considered pretty desireable to men looking in your age range.

• I think your incorrect on your theory.

Even if you wouldn't be, I wouldn't care... not everyone can be born lucky with regards to genes

In the end, looks are just that.. a first impression, not the lasting one.

• I'd argue the opposite. Girls are expected to be slim, while guys are expected to have muscles - the only way to build muscle bulk is to work hard in the gym, whereas all you need to do to stay slim is eat healthily.

• Not true, lots of girls don't even like muscle and plus guys want girls to be toned, that doesn't happen magically

• Oh, women have to work out just as hard to stay slim, I know because I work out, & it's no picnic pal.

• Yeah, I'd have to agree with that. We don't have to succumb to social pressure to look perfect.

• Yes because even if a guy is hideous, we can easily bounce back with confidence and/or money.

What Girls Said 7

• What do you think of this? That's just society and attraction

Society places more importance on a womans looks than a mans.

Attraction wise women are less visual than men & most girls are more forgiving about looks than guys. Plus women total more things up in physical attraction besides physical appearance.

• Yeah. Well, at least the pressure's on women to do more to keep up their appearances by a variety of means than men.

• Yes I agree, but I don't mind. I like that there is something to motivate me to always smell nice, be clean, be toned and stuff,if it wasn't for that I would be a fat slob watching TV instead of going to the gym :)

• I do think so.

• Yeah because girls aren't so pick as guys, but we have more resources to look prettier like make up and hair... Like a 6 could turn into An 8...guys just can't change much

• i think the exact opposite actually

• Where would you get that idea, women are always willing to settle on looks & find all sorts of things attractive, but men care a great deal about what a woman looks like...

• Yes because men are more visually focused than women. To be really attractive to women a man has to be in reasonable shape take care of his hair, have good hygiene, and as long as he doens't have anything really "wrong" like awful teeth or skin or something, girls will probably find him attractive as long as he has a good personality. Bonus points if he is smart funny and has a good job.

For a man, an attractive woman generally has to just be very pretty or sexy often a combination, or maybe even a girl slightly above average with a lot of makeup and sexy clothes who is a big flirt. But a girl def has to take better care of herself for a man to find her attractive. Generally her hair has to look good, some makeup, shaved, nice clothes, the works