How do I know if I'm attractive?

I used to think I was attractive... then I came to college... I had self confidence, but it kind of went away. It doesn't matter how many guys come up to me in a bar, it doesn't make me feel better. idk. I don't know what will work.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm the same way seeking approval of others and being so worried what people think of me, but this is what my mother told me. They'll will always be somebody who finds you ugly, but then there will always be somebody who thinks you're the most beautiful woman in the world. I mean, there's so many people out there, there's no way you can make everybody happy. She also told me the most important thing is what's inside, because in 30, 40 years you'll lose your looks (well, I mean some women age gracefully...but still), so the most important thing is living your life to the fullest and loving yourself. If you're down on yourself or you don't think you're beautiful people see that, but if you're confident and happy people can see that too. Also, you have to remember it's your flaws that make you special. I wish I could make you feel better though. :/

• That is great! Thanks so much! I think you're probably right. You can't please everyone I guess.

• Oh wow...it's too bad that for most girls that's a LONG time...they way society says we always have to be beautiful no matter what...*sigh* kinda wish it didn't matter

What Guys Said 2

• I had the same problem.

looking back I think that, the freedom and independence of college extends to who you are as a person. You have to be independent in your own thoughts and don't let people indifference towards you effect how you feel.

I think you just have to endure and remember that you are attractive, even if by current standards you're "not attractive" many people will still be attracted to you.

• Post a link and I will tell you what I think...

• I think all of the comments from the girls have been really helpful, plus I don't know how to do that haha

• Looking forward to it! And...just to make sure that I don't miss it...

• haha oh good. I'll get around to it eventually ha

What Girls Said 4

• Look in the mirror check yourself out :)

Go to a clothing store try on dresses that make you feel good about yourself, and the confidence will come through when you put on the dress that makes you feel the most beautiful :) Take a picture of the dress you think you look best in as a reminder whenever you lose your confidence have that picture on your phone to remind you how gorgeous you are :)

If you feel good and think you look good, girl go work your sexy :)

True sexiness comes from within and believing in yourself :)

Sexiness can start with the smile :)

• I feel the same way sometimes lol but you gotta just go based off of how you feel. You might think some girls are prettier than you but everyone has their own type of beauty. Just focus on you and if you aren't happy then do some stuff to help your appearance. I'm sure you're not hideous though anyway

• thanks, yeah, I'm probably not hideous. I am a perfectionist though and I'm rather hard on myself

• Just look in the mirror and focus on the things you like about yourself.

• Look to yourself in a mirror. If you like what you see, then screw what others think.

• sometimes I do, sometimes I don't! lately it's more don't that do.. :/

thank you though. you make it sound really easy, which is maybe something I needed to hear

• I'm on a diet now. I look pretty though, and I'm sure you are lovely just like your sweet personality :)

• huh. also very helpful haha. I can be on a diet and be pretty lol. thank you so so much