I thought women dress for other women?

Why are girls always asking what men like to see them wear. I thought women dress for other women?

so then why when a guy answers..hes considered gay?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes they dress for men and thts the main reason beside other reasons.They won't care other women said they don't look good if other guys said they look good or stunning.I know I would get few down arrows by women who don't want to admit that.Go ahead,i like down arrow but well,thts the major reason.

What Girls Said 11

• nah I dress for myself and my own comfortability.

• Well you thought wrong XD It's not gay if you share an honest opinion. But if you say something about fashion it is gay. Just my opinion though. Depends on the answer :)

• Because if you ask girls, they'll always be bitchy about it and say stuff like. Ewwwwwwwwwww that style sucks, I would never wear that, whilst guys will just tell you if it's hot or not :) without going into a year of details. And I wouldn't say that, I just think that if you don't tell them what they wanna hear, you're gay to them ha ha :)

• I dress for my boyfriend. I only care what he thinks about my clothes.

• I trust mens opinions over women :)

• I dress for myself. Fortunately, I don't feel the need to seek out any man or woman's acceptance.

• i dress for myself before I dress for anyone

• noooooooooooo correction women who dress for women and women who dress for men are what we call insecure women.

women who dress for themselves are confident about who they are.

• LOL.

Most women want to look good for, and attract, a man. Others want to look good for themselves and others do want to look good for other women.

Your question is rather vague so if you want a better answer then you need to re-ask. xD

• i dress for both women and men

i want men to notice what I wear, but because girls are so judgmental, I want them to also not find any fault in my appearance

• I don't know about the rest but I dress for men not women. As I'm getting ready, I'm not thinking ohhh gotta look good for the ladies... gotta wear this shirt in case I run into her. I don't think like that, I think gotta dress to impress the guys

What Guys Said 4

• You're telling me you as a guy never notice how nicely a girl looks? That's exactly why they're always asking.

• if he comments on the actual fashion of it then maybe yeah. but I'd say the way to answer is if you think whatever clothing makes her look prettier, sexier, etc to you then you'd like them wearing that. i.e. do guys like short shorts? me: heck yeah, shows lots of leg. see what I mean?

• that only works if the other girls agree with what they are wearing. If the guys agree what they are wearing it's sexy most of the time and gets the thumbs down from other girls.

Anyways in the fashion world it's the guys that set the standard and set the trends, because most women can't make up their minds what they should wear.

Ever seen a girl pick out her clothes to go to an event?

• They dress for both men and women, it's just that women are quicker to observe what a girl is saying with her clothes.

• good Q haha.

but consider that they do compete in the sense of who's getting the most attention from the guys also.