Does the way a sales lady is dressed affect your opinion of the store?

I work at the Gap, and I was wondering if you would prefer help from someone who was well dressed. Do you even notice what she's wearing? Or do you just notice her top and her hairstyle?

Most Helpful Girl

• I honestly rarely notice salespeople unless I specifically need their help, and even then I don't pay attention to what they're wearing.

What Guys Said 1

• dress for your profession. I work in a library so I see the librarians dressed up all the time, however. I'm a page, and it doesn't matter if I come in dressed up or in pajamas (you get the idea, I hope)...like I said, dress for the profession, if I were you, since you work at gap, you should wear gap things..probably doesn't matter what though..

What Girls Said 2

• I work in retail and I always notice what other girls wear when I go to another store. It wouldn't deter me from going in there but it would deter me from asking for any specific help. I am flattered when people ask for my help and my opinion, that means they think I have good taste in fashion

• Yeah I think it matters, if she's not dressed well and her hair is just up with no make up and looking like she doesn't care about herself, it does put you off the store a little I think x