Is being good looking the number one thing everybody wants to be?

I'm just wondering. I see that many people accord a lot of importance to their looks and if someone is pride, their pride of their beauty. Not everyone is like that. But it seems that beauty is more importante than it should normally be.

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course, Good looking people always gets whatever they want and gets all the attention. Who wouldn't want that ? It makes me sad sometimes cause there's some really beautiful girls that I know and their lives are amazing. They can get pretty much any guy they want and everyone always says the nicest things to them and pays attention but then you get the unfortunate people like me who have to fight for everything, even for a little of respect or love from someone. Not trying to sound whiney. I've accepted my fate but just trying to elaborate here.

What Guys Said 5

• not really. I mean what can I do about it? I was born with this face its not changing. I do workout though for 75% motivated by the need to be healthy and the other 25 out of vanity. It is very heavily weighed upon in our society when intelligence should be...at least you really can drastically improve your knowledge. Before the mirror was invented people didn't even know what they looked like. f***ing mirror.

• I'd be happier with my ADD gone than with my looks improving.

• Looks are important but they aren't everything.

• Not me tbh.

• Money and power are best. Looks may fade with age, but a wealthy and powerful man will be attractive until dead.

What Girls Said 7

• I don't think looks are that important, like I clearly do like when lads tell me I am. But I don't like big headed people I think that's a turn off and makes them ugly. I'd rather have one lad love me for who I am rather then a lot of lads fancying me just for my looks.

I get lads tell me I'm hot and I've nice body and cause my t*ts are big(which I hate cause it's all lads see) and I hate it. I had a boyfriend who loved me for me and for who I was, not for my looks or body.

So looks aren't everything to me, their just a plus.

• Yeah, pretty much.

• Most people. Yea

• i won't go out unless I have my hair done and make up

• there are some times when I hate the way I look, and I get jealous of girls and wish I looked like them. there are other times when I wished I was ass ugly to see if people liked me when I look like that

• It's human nature it can't be helped as much as we aim for equality very attractive people get more attention etc, it sucks but that's life. I will admit that I can be vain and I look in mirrors a lot and need to look good when I go out.

• Looks and personality compliment each other... of course everyone wanna be told that they look good but they also wanna be liked and that's where personality plays a good role