Have I lost my chance with this guy? Should I give up?

About a year ago I met this guy at a local coffee shop and we hit it off really well. We went on a few dates and hung out a little bit. I was just getting out of a relationship so I told him before anything got serious that I just wanted to be friends although I really liked him and he liked me, I just didn’t want to start dating someone so fast when I wasn’t ready. We still hung out and went on a few friend dates. I was usually the one to text him first which never was an issue. Then one day we just stopped texting for about 6 months. I text I few months ago to see how he was doing and he has moved over 1000 miles away, I can't stop thinking about him now and because I like him I am over thinking things and don't text him very much (like once or twice a month) because I don’t know if he holds it against me that I told him we were just friends in the beginning. He jokes about it when we text. And the fact that we live so far away now. Have I lost my chance? Should I give up? I keep hoping he will text me first but its not his style. What do you think?

or does anyone have any advice on what to do from here

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• i think you should give up. long distance probably wouldn't work out