Black girl hair question!!! Please help!

Hey, I'm going swimming with my friends (who are all white) and I don't really don't want them to see my hair in an afro. Are there any cute hairstyles I could do?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're worried about what your friends would say if they say you with an afro, then you really shouldn't. True friends won't care about what's natural about their friend. Plus, there's nothing wrong with having one.

Anyway, is your hair already natural or is it relaxed? You could braid your hair or wear cap. The trick to wearing a cap is to wear a plastic cap or bag underneath it to make sure no water will leak through.

What Guys Said 5

• Whats wrong with an afro! it looks really cute :D

• An afro is a cute haristyle my sista.

• There's nothing wrong with an afro they can be beautiful too.

• simple- a pony tail

• Just shave your bikini line and trim the rest.

What Girls Said 5

• Speaking as a white girl with super-boring caucasian hair, I honestly love the look of afros! Natural is beautiful, and if your friends are really your friends, they shouldn't be bothered by your hair. :) That said, if you really don't want to leave it as is, you could try pulling it back into a tight ponytail or braid.

Hope this helps, and have fun swimming!

• I shouldn't blame my friends when I'm the one whose insecure about it. I don't like it because its REALLY HARD to deal with

• i love afros!

• How long is your hair? My friend has longish hair and she does this really pretty french braid thingy

• Just leave it in it's natural form.

• Look on youtube you will find many of us AA women wearing our natural hair and maintaining it.