I've been called pretty, cute, beautiful, and adorable, but never hot. Why not?

i'm 17 and guys say things that indicate I'm attractive, which is very good. but the words they use (cute, adorable, etc) make me think they see me as a little kid because those are words I'd use to describe a child or a puppy. pretty and beautiful are OK but they seem like really tame words.

but my friends get called hot all the time. I don't see the real difference between me and my friends though. we are all nice and funloving. we all dress in normal clothes. we all wear just a little makeup. we're all skinny with small chests. there's really nothing I can see to distinguish my cuteness from their hotness.

Most Helpful Guy

• Being hot isn't such a good thing IMO.

Be happy you've been called beautiful and not hot. Hot is reserved for models and sluts.

What Guys Said 5

• Some women are petite and that's cool... And I think that's sexy in its own way. I will say this... Cute small girls are usually what taller men look for.. I think its because we don't want mutant tall kids.? Maybe its the old subconscious working. At any rate be happy they are giving you positives and try and build on that... Hot girl! :)

• For me using the term beautiful is a bigger compliment than hot. When I tell a girl she's hot I'm referring to her looks, but when I say she's beautiful I mean she is absolutely perfect to me both inside and out.

• Really? It's just one word lol.

You should be happy you're called all those other things, because usually 'hot' these days means you just look good sexually. Adorable, pretty, beautiful however all give you a sense of being dateable and want to be in a relationship with you.

Don't stress over one word.

PS. you're HOT! :-)

• Well, first off, you're under 18.

• so are my friends who get called hot all the time. and so are the guys calling them hot usually. sometimes the guys are in college.

• maybe you're a late bloomer.

• I get called all the same, except for hot. All hot would make me feel is that the girl wants me sexually. Because when a guy calls a girl hot, he is looking at her as an object not as a person.

What Girls Said 4

• Beautiful is so lovely to hear. Don't wish for hot...

• Hot means you have a body that a guy just wants to bang. I think

• maybe they feel awkard calling you hot to your face. they might call you that behind your back though

• Your HOT