Why are blond girls assumed to be dumb?

Why are blond girls assumed to be dumb?

i mean really, what has hair got to do with anything?

Most Helpful Girl

• Its just a sterotype I don't know why people do it though.Theres many blondes who are smart and I don't see why it has anything to do with hair color to see how dumb you are.

What Guys Said 10

• Probably because blondes don't seem to brood and pout and get depressed and introspective like their darker-haired brethren might. So blondes are oblivious to whole nether-world of suffering and privation. They like bubbly fun inane activities (mostly chatter) and have no time for books, classical music, and preparing four-course meals. Why bother with filet mignon when you can just throw some Orville Redenbacher in the microwave.

• well I'm blond and what you just described is nothing like me. way to stereotype.

• Yeah I'm just trying to expand on the stereotype: I don't actually believe it.

• Hair colour tends to be genetic, and so is stupidity.

• link

This.

• That`s really funny, it seems to be so, that in many countries many guys mock about blond haired girls and women. Where I live, there are so many jokes about blond haired women and they all mean, this kind of women are more or less a little bit stupid or naive.

I don`t why such is happen.

• It's mostly a stereotype. I say blond people are dumb but I know that they really aren't. It's just a way to make fun of them.

• It's just media and cruel jokes, I don't think a woman is dumb based on her hair color. I base it on her common sense.

• People like to say things like that, that's why.

• Why are black people assumed to be lazy... Stereotypes. They suck :\

• black people are not assumed to be lazy lol but ye stereotypes suck

• Girls who are dumb, tend to be superficial and get by on looks instead of brains.

Those sorts of girls are also more likely to dye their hair blond, if they aren't blond already.

This skews the results somewhat.

• Hair has nothing to do with any of it. However, it has produced a lot of funny jokes. I'm not a blond anymore, but I was when I was a kid, and yes, my hair is still it's natural color.

What Girls Said 6

• Its just a stereotype which has lead to so many jokes about it. I think that anybody can be smart if they want to and vice versa. It has nothing to do with race and hair color. I know a lot of very smart blond girls out there and one of them was my lawyer. She was a genius and very intelligent. I also went to school with a brunette girl that was ten times dumber then anybody I have ever known.

• Because in the 1950's all dumb brunettes died their hair blond because they thought that was what guys wanted. Than all the dumb blond & dumb brunettes who died their hair blond held a convention. All the people who passed the convention said hey look at all those dumb blondes, and the phrase stuck. :\ I apologize on behalf of dumb brunettes.

• its a stereotype that blondes tend to follow, it seems like some try their hardest to actually play stuupid which is just annoying. They think it makes them like cute or funny.

• Stereotype and I have had my share of meeting dumb blondes, and they have proven to me how dumb they really are. They have good looks, but a stupid brain on top of those looks.

• Stereotypes...

*Face Palm*

• haters and jealousy