Why can't I look good in pictures?

I don't know why, what should I do to look good in front of the camera?

I actually did some model ''casting'' photos with a professionall photographer, and the pictures end up not so good.

So guys anything pose I can do to look good in front of the camera?

Most Helpful Guy

• Check up on the following, Composition, including Rule of Thirds, Color Profiles (important for editing/ printing/ distributing on multiple mediums), Depth of Field, Lighting (in regards to photography) ... nothing else is coming to mind at the moment

It's good to keep in mind the frame as a whole, not just the way you look in it. Let's take a look at your current profile picture. First, the eye is drawn to the cellphone camera, not you. This is made much worse by the flash caught in the reflection. As a simple composition technique, the diagonal lines moving from the bottom left to top right is actually pointing my eye at the camera again. The eye will naturally follow the line. Also, you're covering your face in an odd way, possibly unintentional, but since it's a still image, it's very noticeable.

This may seem a bit overboard, but understanding the basics of what I listed above should be able to help.

The most important thing about cameras, any kind (still or video) and make, is that it is as only as good as the light available.

What Guys Said 6

• Yeah some people tend to not take good pictures period, I believe that I am one of these people. The one in the profile looks good though. I know that sometimes it helps to look down and smile before you look up at the camera and take the picture, otherwise if you smile too long, the face tends to look fake and forced.

• I think with pictures, a good thing to do is get somewhere with good light. If you can go outside or even find a window with some direct sunlight that's even better, what you wanna do is try think of something that really made you laugh, and then when you feel like laughing and smiling, take the pic. Try other angles aswell, like side view, up and to the side and maybe just you peering straight into the lens. Just relax and you do look good in your pic you have now, it might all be in your head lol. Have a nice day :)

• Honestly some people just don't look good in pictures. There's not much you can do about it. I thought your profile one was great though. Cameras have always hated me. I once went on a date with a girl, I picked her because she had bad pics. So I don't have to compete with every other dude alive. She showed up to the date and looked awesome. She just took bad pics.

• Yeah, the profile picture is one of the best of million other that I take haha, but thanks anyway.

• That's what I do, take a dozen pics where other people take one. At least one will be good. And have other people take pics of you when you're not aware of the camera. It's not you... something just changes when you're conscious of the camera. I'm sure you're very pretty.

• Your eyes perceive the world in 3 dimensions while most cameras perceive the world in 2, because of the single lens.

Same with mirrors.

Some chicks look good in picks, but bad in real life...same difference...

• if its a picture that your taking yourself, from a reflection, try changing the angle of your body and camera, don't do a full on grin but a slight smile shouldn't go a miss. don't stand straight on either try to take it of yourself on the diagonalas it can create different effects. also don't think you don't look goo din pictures, think you can look good in them and you will come up with new ideas yourself and enjoy it more, just experiment about a bit.

• I'd just say dress up nicely. I don't really know about anything else. :\

What Girls Said 4

• You're not photogenic or you're in denial about being unattractive.

If you're trying to be a model you should already know how to look good in front of the camera.

• Usually it's a matter of eye contact. Look directly into the lens unless the photographer tells you to do otherwise.

• Just take normal pictures. Take pictures when you're out with your family or friends. Stop trying to pose and over think your pictures - that will always make your pictures look fake and forced.

• don't pose and try to hard. it looks better when you're more natural and relaxed