Girls do you not realize that a lot of stuff you think is funny or stylish guys hate?

This sort of sparked after I saw a girls profile picture and she was doing that duck lips pose that girls love to do for some reason. Do you not get it that most guys find that unattractive? Girls continue to do stuff and stress over stuff that is so meaningless to us guys. Like what kind of purse you have. You think we care? Or girls that cake on makeup just to cover a small blemish. You think we like that? I just don't get why girls do these things that just make them look unattractive to guys? I hope I never have to see another duck lips picture again, but unfortunately I know I will.

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to not be so self centered, not just you, many men.

While some girls do things with men in mind, most of us dont.

I wear makeup because I WANT to. I wear it because it looks good on me, and I like how I look much better. I like how my eyes stand out, my skin tone, etc. If its too much for you, you aren't the man for me, period.

I keep my hair short because I LIKE it. I've had long long long hair, and it took over half an hour to style it, and more if I wanted to curl it. It got shut in the door, in my laptop, I rolled over on it, etc. I like how short hair looks, I like my hair color, my hair is my expression. If a man wants me to grow my hair for him, he can kiss my ass. I wear it how I want it.

Overall, I don't give a flying f*** if men hate how I do certain things, pose certain ways, wear certain clothes, hair styles and makeup. It isn't for them, its for me and me alone.

What Girls Said 12

• Do you not get it that most guys find that unattractive? Some do & some don't

I just don't get why girls do these things that just make them look unattractive to guys?

If they like it they'll continue to do it.

After all girls who aren't fixated on doing only what guys like do exist.

I don't see guys on here working to get abs & muscles or getting confidence.

• I am a girl who doesn't do those things and I don't even like doing those things. Girls like that are just doing that to be cool I guess.

• lolol. hate duck lips tooo

• Lol amen man! I'm a girl, and I don't like that stuff.

• The duck lip pose is unappealing, and too much makeup is unnecessary, but as for purses...who cares, girls wear purses for their own satisfaction...not to impress guys.

• I don't know the girls you hang out with or find. But WE are not all like that.

• I will admit that some girls do those things to impress a guy, but you know, not EVERYTHING a girl does revolves around attracting a guy. Girls do have lives of their own outside of being a romantic interest and it is possible that they do those things because they enjoy it.

Even though I'm not a hipster, I choose to make the duck lips face to be ironic and sort of a sarcastic nod to popular culture. I know for a fact that no guy gives a sh*t about my bag (unless it was Prada, in which case a guy might think I was high maintenance). I still love collecting handbags because I think the designs are cute.

I put make-up on my blemishes because *I* don't want anyone - guy or girl - to see it.

Seriously, not everything revolves around attracting or impressing a guy.

• I can think of a bunch of things like this. Sometimes girls do it to impress each other.

-Bright makeup

-Short haircuts

-Loose babydoll type of shirts

• i hate duck lips! I only have 1 pic where I did that and that was when me and a bunch of friends were at the park with a bunch of ducks beings silly and waddling and stuff lol (no we werent scaring or disturbing the ducks for you animal rights people lol) I mean I don't even use a purse and I get along just fine! some of that stuff is just dumb!

• 0|0
  • Lmfao I hate that duck lip pose too, but unfortunately those girls think they look super fine making it and copying others over & over.

About the blemishes, well nobody likes blemishes. Who do you think a guy will chose to go on a date with, a girl with flawless skin, or a girl with pimples?

So yeah.

• I'm not talking about the girls who can perfectly blend their makeup to make it look as if they did have perfect skin. I'm talking about the girls who put a pound on to cover a pimple and it is obvious they are trying to cover something with a ton of makeup. In that case give me the pimple.

• I hate that stuff, but I do want to add that they don't ALWAYS do it for male attention. It's not all about you, maybe they don't care what you think.

• They might say they don't care, but I bet they will if some guy comments that they look like idiots in that picture. Especially if it was a guy they liked.

• They probably wouldn't stop doing it, though. It's turned into the social norm, so one person's opinion isn't going to matter much. Some girls care about what other girls think way more than what guys think.

What Guys Said 0