What candidate would you prefer as president?

So out of all the republican candidates who do you like best? Also would you rather just keep Obama around longer?

• Mitt Romney
  • Michelle Bachman
  • RIck Perry
  • Ron Paul
  • Barack Obama!! Ugh republicans suck !!

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 20

• Really so many people for Ron Paul? He has no chance due to being a Libertarian. Libertarians are even further to the right than Republicans so getting moderates and leftists is pretty slim. Don't get me wrong, I agree with him on a lot of issues in theory and he seems like one of the most honest politicians I've ever heard but he will not win the Republican nominee.

I would vote for a Republican if I really felt they would do a better job with the economy and spending (I've cared about this issue for over 10 years now although I know the media has made it big lately), but I don't see them doing better than a democrat, at least when you look historically.

Politicians on both sides talk about the cuts they want to make but but when you look at the percentage of the budget they are willing to cut it is very minimal. Also I know the republicans are pointing out how bad the situation is with the economy and claim to be able to fix it, but we are still using the same tax brackets that Bush Jr. set up which is the main premise of how low unemployment was when the republicans were in power. So the republicans would fix jobs by not changing the tax rates? Well they Obama didn't change them either. Obviouosly I'm looking at the economy from a limited point of view but I think the problems are mostly due to the effects of a terrible housing market which Obama didn't create and poor consumer confidence partly from the housing situation and general paranoia of what will happen in the future which drives down consumer spending which further hurts the GDP.

Is Obama doing a great job? No not really. Is a republican gonna fix it? No because they don't really have much they can change. Remember there are a lot of republican policies that are still there from the last president. Also The 3 republican presidents in my lifetime have all been horrible when it comes to balancing a budget.

We need someone to let the public know that social security and medicare are unsustainable at the current rates. We need to cut benefits or increase taxes or some of both and stop putting the cost on the next generation with debt. Yes Ron Paul would probably fix the deficit because he so far the the right and he doesn't care about being politically correct. Is this the best thing to do? I'm not an expert in economics so I'm not sure. My other issue is Ron Paul is just so out there are some issues.

We need a Keanu Reeves.

• Bachmann because she's kinda cute. link

But seriously, for the good of the world I'd rather see Obama return. But I voted B.

• Ron Paul was my favorite in 2008. He had the charisma to beat Obama but not the marketing power.

In 2012 I think he will get the job done. I don't blame Obama for the lack of "change", I blame congress for stubbornly sitting on their hands and preventing things from getting done. The bottom line is, a new face is needed and Ron Paul has the goods.

• I blame Obama for the lack of change. He has no idea what he's doing, but he wasn't George Bush so he got elected.

• Read my comment below Kain. If you deny this truth, I've nothing to say to you.

• I'm not American but even so what America does as the global power has a lot of influence over what goes on elsewhere in the world. I want RON PAUL! deffinitly but honestly I don't think they would allow someone like him to slip through, the next president will either be obama re-elected or the next george bush

• Not American, but voted for mitt romney, though he has no chance. He's got that terrible history of being a competent moderate ... republican base will never go for that.

Joint MBA/law degree from Harvard, turned around Bain & Co, launched and made a fortune off Bain capital, ran the salt lake city olympics at a profit, eliminated a $3 Billion deficit AND introduced near universal health insurance in Michigan as governor.

Man, keep him away from the white house!

• Romney never introduced universal health insurance for Michigan. You mean Massachusetts. But you're not American so I don't expect you to necessarily know such :P I don't know specifics about areas in other nations myself. Just figured you might wanna know.

As for Romney, being this seems to be over a year ago, hopefully you've learned more and realized how sh*tty he is too. Especially with Paul Ryan plan that he does really love and openly admitted to loving (before the campaign).

• Sorry, I think I knew mass. but 'misspoke' as leaders tend to.

IDK. I still think he WAS once upon a time a moderate and reasonably competent pragmatist.

The way primaries works in the u.s. results in some pretty weird crap.

• I like Herman Cain the best so far. I like that he comes from a business background and was extremely successful. The guy also has like 5 degrees. More people need to take notice, this guy knows what he is doing.

• Getting a degree does not mean you are intelligent or especially doesn't mean you're looking out for what's best for the country. Just saying.

• bernie sanders

• What about Colonel Sanders? He should be elected just based on his extra-crispy recipe alone.

• LOL. I actually like ron paul on certain issues, much more than the other pig republicans who'll be running. I wouldn't have voted for obama in '08 and won't be in 2012 for sure.

• Ron Paul, obviously. If he wasn't running I would rather write-in Mickey Mouse than vote for those other clowns.

• Why does it have to be one of the GOP or Obama? I don't like either. We need a true Libertarian President.

• because our government system sucks and is set up so that the president has to be either a republican or a democrat. Its not like I'm happy about it either

• it's set up by design to be that way. we have a one party state masquerading as two, if you want a independent candidate to have a realistic chance then the people need to be much more vocal about it.

link

link

• Ron Paul actually lives in my town. He worked as a doctor here and I went to school with his grandson.

• My pipi is big

• Ron Paul

• I want Obama to stick around, but if I had to choose a republican candidate I'd choose rob paul. Don't really agree with him on many things, but out of all the candidates he seems most genuine in his ideas on how the country should be run.

• Rob Paul? YOU ARE A F***ING MORON.

• I think I love you stitches.

• THEman69: Stop using cheap drugs.

• for the most part Ron Paul is a pretty good choice, but not ideal. At least for the Republican side atm. Who'd be ideal over all from all politicians? Bernie Sanders or Russ Feingold or basically someone like them who put people over greed.

• I picked Ron Paul because Ross Perot wasn't an option.

• I'm not American but if I were I would vote Ron Paul %100

• I would rather Obama faced a democratic challenger in the primary, as he's both useless and contemptuous of the progressive base which got him elected in the first place.

Of the Republicans, I most admire Ron Paul, but in the current climate he is considered unelectable.

We live in an era where Fox news (GOP mouthpiece) cuts off Karl Rove (GOP tactician and commentator) for stating an obvious truth like Sarah Palin is thin-skinned.

They are clearly setting up their preferred candidates for the run, and protecting them from even the most obvious criticism from even the most loyal GOP members.

In such an environment, Ron Paul is lucky to even get an invite to the debates. They'd certainly never admit it if he won the debate.

I don't agree with all of RP's policies by a long stretch, but I agree with a few key ones, and he's clearly the best of the bunch IMO. My ideal ticket would be with Dennis Kucinich and Ron Paul running on a joint ticket. I wouldn't really care too much which of them was President and which one was Vice President.

• NObama! I'd acutally most like Paul Ryan, but he's not running now.

• Anyone Republican. At the moment, Mitt Romney. Bye Obama.

• Ron Paul Revolution Give Us Back Our Constitution!

What Girls Said 5

• Obama, those republicans are a scary bunch. I'd also rather go back to a democratic legislature where things actually got passed and our credit rating wasn't f***ed because of childish fools who would be better off hosting imaginary tea parties instead of pretending they have imaginary friends in congress.

• There would never be a point of me voting republican. I think it's be the most ironic thing in the world if I did :P Me voting for Ron Paul would also be pretty ironic

Obama, for sure.

• lol why would you say ironic for Ron Paul?

• It's because he is a Libertarian; he just calls himself a Repuke because he knows what most tactical people know: "if you can't beat them, infiltrate them."

• Which is what REALLY makes it more ironic. :P

• Ron Paul! :P

• "you can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else"

- winston Churchill

• bloomberg! or rudi guilianni