Mentally abused black women.

black women have been mentally abused in this country for hundreds of years. from slavery to now.

from telling us that we are less then human to doing studies trying to explain why we are considered the most ugly.

it feels like know body gives a damn about us.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just to get it out of the way, I am a white guy. :-)

I second what jayrex said. You are a very attractive girl! And I have met several black girls that I consider attractive, just as I have met many attractive white/asian/indian/Hispanic/(insert group) girls. Beauty comes in all colors and backgrounds. :-)

After reading what you posted, I cannot help but think that I have been, at least in some way, lumped into the category of people that allegedly thinks black women are inferrior, and I think that's why the majority of angry people on here are angry. Nobody wants to be marginalized, and nobody really wants to have someone assume that they have a certain belief set based upon something as silly as the color of their skin. Just because a few people in my race may believe other races are inferrior does not mean that I think other races are inferrior, which is the tone at which I believe many here have interpreted your statement as (which I am sure was not your intent at all).

I am not responsible for slavery. The majority of my family came over on the boat after the 1865, and the majority of my ancestors that were here before that were Native American (over 1/8th by blood). The remainder of my family pre-Civil War were too poor to be landowners and worked along side slaves in the fields.

When people here say things like "slavery is over, move on", they are trying to tell you something. It's not to diminish what happened, to belittle what you think or how you feel, but rather they are trying to tell you to not let what happened generations ago hold you back from who you are destined to be. If you choose to sit back and believe all that mumbo jumbo about having darker skin making you "less than human", you let those select few idiots out there have control over you. If you believe that crap (and yes, it is crap), then you are helping to sustain this stupid belief that black women are inferrior. Don't sustain it, prove them wrong! :-)

Most importantly, if we never try to move on and let the past be the past, we are all doomed to this perpetual cycle of stupidity. You have the power to help change things for the better, if you choose to take that courageous step.

• i was just saying slavery is where it started.

and I'm from SC..white guys are a little different then you

What Guys Said 12

• Some people will always be cheated or looked down upon. I've personally been cheated by a LOT of people. I've taken a lot of abuse, and I'm a middle class white male.

While it hasn't been as bad as what many "white" Europeans did to "black" people, I would say things are generally better around these days. And all kinds of races creeds, nationalities and colors have had periods of extreme difficulty.

Studies can be easily falsified and faked. Questions can be reworded to make completely different outcomes. And people pay to produce / influence these studies. Studies are not always an indicator of truth, nor an indicator of what people think, or even what's right or just.

It's up to you (as it is with each individual) to try to prove certain people wrong and go against the stereotypes as best they can.

• I know and understand how you feel, I felt the same way because I'm from a different culture too. occasionally I feel that feeling you feel, but I don't think anyone is going to bother you much anymore. Because the new generation is coming. and the old generation is going to leave, and take their Old fashion idea's with them.

:)

• Not sure what you're getting at, but I'm a white guy from Ireland who thinks you're beautiful. I sure hope that's normal, or I'm I in the wrong?

• I would say that people are ignorant to what you go through. I will say for my part I find black women very beautiful. I think part of that beauty comes from having to be so strong.

• Quit whining about the past, make something of yourself to prove that they are wrong.

• what are you talking about...im talking about the present.

i used slavery as a timeline.

• Hmmm you are an attractive woman I don't understand why you think you're ugly. People are just close minded you shouldn't give those people the time of day! Just be you!

• thanx..but I'm from the south..things are a little different believe it or not

• I agree.

• I havnt seen any racist test like that recently have you? I don't know why you didn't say that you have taken a lot of abuse from slavery untill 20 years ago...

• Things are tough all over. The sooner you accept this, the sooner you'll be accepted.

• yeah... everyone is out to get you (sarcasm) Those jews had it easy!

it's nobody... not know body.

• the holocaust only lasted a few years and it wasn't even in America.

• I disrespect ignorant fools regardless of race, religion, and gender. Welcome to equality.

• just because you don't understand my point of view that doesn't make me ignorant.

you are not a black women so you can't understand a black womens point of view

• This is not a question..

Quit wasting your time with these thoughts and with your skewed opinions and do something with your life...

Slavery...get over it

and nobody is saying you are less than human or "most ugly"

educate yourself and do something with your life

• first off if you are not going to add anything that is pertaining to this topic then don't chime in.

and its not about slavery. I said it started from slavery and yes people have deemed black women as the most ugly. this Asian guy did some sh*tty ass study on it. I am well educated thank you very much! you need to do you history because if you did you would know I know what I am talking about. and I am speaking from a black womens perspective.a perspective that you can't understand or speak from

• Do you think jewish people should get over the Holocuast?

• Do I think Jewish people need to get over the Holocaust? For those not directly involved in it- Yes.

Some of my ancestors were on the Trail of Tears. Does that mean I need to define my entire existence based upon some relative I've never met that had horrible atrocities happen ot them decades ago?

I can't go back and change what happened, I can only effect change on what I do in the future. (well, maybe if I had a Delorean... lol)

• I agree. I hate racial discrimination and pure ignorance. When you have ignorant people on this site saying "black people are less evolved" it really disappoints me as well. I am not black but I think people should not be judged based on their skin color and I have found many black people who were very kind and helpful. Whoever judges you based on your race is nothing but an ignorant biggot who you is not worth your time

• i agree.

but don't you think that black women have been through the mud through out centuries.

• you should be happy for them. This is jealousy at its worst

• everybody is a little jealous

i just admit mine

What Girls Said 10

• I'm a white woman and no one gives a damn about me either! I have been treated like sh*t my whole life from the time my mom left when I was 10 till the time my father mollested me to the to the time my step mom beat me...I am sick of black people just like you making it seem like only black people have it ruff..I grew up in the ghetto poor as hell until I started selling drugs to eat!I also had an abusive baby daddy to!GET OVER IT !STOP USING THE COLOR OF YOUR SKIN AS AN EXCUSE FOR THE SHIT YOU GO THROUGH AND BLAME THE FAMILY THAT RAISED YOU OR MADE YOU THE WAY YOU ARE!I I have 4 kids all alone no family no daddy nobody but I still am drug free and I work everyday and take care of my kids.Black people would progress if it weren't for people like you that want to blame ''the white man'' for all their problems.BTW I am from the south to! Most of the black women I know are really loud,smart mouthed and nasty attitudes don't know if that has something to do with the way you are treated or not.

• black women have been treated like sh*t way before the shanaynay sterotype came along.

and I was talking about black women as a whole.

i can see from you hardship in life you are borderline retarted. maybe when you got raped he raped the sense out of you.

• Tell me about it! We just have to prove were strong. We work extra hard just to go somewhere and be somebody. It doesn't mean I'm going to give up. The extra hard part about it is that most young black women are running to drake and little wayne music videos.

• how long do we have to prove ourselves. black women have been through soooooooooooooooo much as a whole its such a tragic story. I'm not racist. I have plenty of white girlfriends. but I sometimes feel when is it white womens turn to go through something major. it just seems that other women don't go through anything and have smooth sailing lives. and I like drake...lil wayne can go kill himself

• Neyo as well tho;)

• I'm not a black women but I really feel the pain.Yeah I know a lot of issues regarding black women like nappy hair,masculine,big nose,big lips and all.I used to watched tyra show and sometimes I cried.Its so sad to know how some society still descriminating black women.I personally think that God created every women are beautiful in their own way.Everyone have beauty inside and outside them but the problem is some people are being so judgemental.I wish this could stop...! The media play important role here.So,they need to start it !

• yeah most men do not find black women attractive but some are and to each their own. People should not be treated badly because they are ugly or something, its inhumane

• while most of them are that way, you can't change all of the perceptions. Sure some are not loud and have a good education but that doesn't mean they are attractive

• women are compared to and unattainable standard of beauty especially for black women.

i just hate being considered the ugly duckling.

i like being black but to be honest if I had a choice I would never have picked being a black girl

• aww babes I know how you feel! I'm 18 and I live in england and I feel totally abused. in the town that I live in most of the black men date white women and have no respect for their own race and say that we are ugly which is a different topic I got sidetracked but anyway its extra hard being a black women most black people don't feel I'm black enough and the white people think I act white because I'm not gangsta I feel like I don't fit in anywhere and can rarely be myself 100% and on top of everything I have to be 100000000 times better than any white person in everything!

dont listen to all of those white girls talking about why we are always talking about race because they no nothing the world is still very much a racist place because all you have to be is a white girl and you will get somewhere and that's a fact!

and the joke is they all want to be us I don't know what it's like in America but over here

our cutlure as totally been robbed from us the way we talk, dress, dance and they want to look like us but then feel its OK to slag us off at every turn!

i like all people and I would never wish bad on anyone and I'm not a racist I have people of all colors in my family and I just wanted to make my point and I totally agree with @AbbyBekillnem

• I'm 18 also living in england and don't feel abused. I don't care who black men date, I don't care if I apparently act too white, I don't care if some black people don't think I'm black enough. In fact race doesn't really bother me at all. We should stop defining people by race and recognise them for who they are what they like. Who cares if a white girl has adapted our culture, why not?

• i feel kinda bad for saying this but I wish that white girls had a harder life.

• i don't wish bad on anyone but I can see you point and at the same time not everyone has a easy life as individuals but as a race the white poeple have it better

• i agree with beer3 nothing will get better til you make it better

• I don't believe the media's BS

• they don't care because it doesn't affect them. you can't have this conversation with nonblack people, they don't get it, don't care to get it and never will lol. and don't bother speaking up with how you feel because that would be "whining". society expects us to take it with a smile. well F em and keep speaking your truth

• Some close friends and I was just discussing this topic! Wish I had the Answer.

• like any other race there are good and bad stereotypes there are stereotypes of my culture and religion too but I'm not insecure about I know that I'm unique and exotic and am proud of it

i think half the black population is very gorgeous very smart and intelligent and successful my doctor is this gorgeous black woman I adore her and admire her, I also like pres obama, but also living in a big city I see another half population of blacks where people are more 'ghetto' and thug like and speak a slang version of english and act very hyper and talk very loud those people get looks as they don't act mature and decent and its just become a stereotype.

every race has its stereotypes. you just gotta focus on you as an individual and not define yourself by a group of ppl.

• i don't get why you and your race is so insecure? its 2011 for godsake everyones equal and unique I live in new york and black people are just like any other people were all new yorkers and are our own individuals, why are you speaking for a group of people based on your insecurities? the black women I see her and that are my friends are cool, smart funny and gorgeous and theyre not living in the civil war.

you have to realize that America is a nation of all cultures as a result of immigration, this is everyones country my family came here in the 90s and I don't go around whining 'oh were not accepted or oh were not the originals or were less than human' like please wake up and be confident and proud of who you are. rise above the negativity and focus on real goals and dreams in mind.

• Hmmm..."you and your race"? I think you may have just answered your own leading question? Could you partially be one of the "no ones" the original asker is talking about? I'm pretty sure you are adding more fuel than you intended, but I just thought I'd point it out :D

I do, however, agree with your last sentence! ...and also the bit on being confident!