Is it a turn off if a guy just doesn't want to drink?

and if so is their a way of dealing with it...

im OK with going out while she drinks party with her but I just don't feel the need to chemically affect the equillibrium of my body I'm already a wild crazy S.O.B. I don't need liquor for a good time but I also don't won't the 50 percent of girls who drink to think I'm unnatrractive because I won't drink with them.

i see were some of you girls are coming from but the perspective I really want is from girls that drink casually

Most Helpful Girl

• No, it depends on the girl really :) I don't drink, and I'd prefer it If a guy didn't as well :D I think the majority of girls wouldn't really mind if you didn't drink though ^_^ it wouldn't be a particular turn on or turn off

What Girls Said 3

• I personally don't think it's a turn off I mean I barely drink and I don't feel like I'm having less fun than the people around me who do drink. I actually prefer guys who don't drink or drink very little because I consider them to be less "wild"

• Definitely not a turn off. I also see no reason to ingest something that tastes terrible and makes me feel worse.

It probably depends on the person though, some people can only seem to bond with others if everyone is busy getting drunk. Others don't. You just have to find someone who is not as interested in drunken partying as they are in the regular everyday kind of partying. =P

• It's not really a turn off...it kinda affects our ego I guess. "He doesn't wanna drink because he doesn't wanna have fun with me."

I'm personally bothered if everyone is drinking and one person isn't. it's kinda like they're the party pooper. But I guess if you're fun without drinking that doesn't really matter :-P

What Guys Said 3

• They don't feel comfortable getting drunk around you because they know the morning after, you'll still remember every dumb / embarrassing thing they did and said.

• As long as you're not a self righteous douche about not drinking, nobody will care. It's the people who go on and on about being 'straight edge' that annoy the sh*t out of everyone.

• Hmmm I don't drink either man and most people don't seem to have a problem with it at all. There are always some party girls that would rather you drink with them but hey those wouldn't be your type anyway.

• actually party girls are my type imma party animal its just I took to many biology courses and I know what that sh*t does to your body so I don't drink its not worth it long term effects are a bitch