Should I message my ex to ask her to say goodbye in person? What would you do in my shoes?

So my ex is moving to New Zealand in a few weeks she's doing her phd over there so will be there for a least 2 years. We Haven't really been in contact much the last months but I kinda still like her a lot. Should I message her to ask her to say goodbye in person?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm, that's tough. Seeing each other will probably make things a lot harder for you. Either way, I don't see how it could end well. She could 1) reveal she still has feelings for you as well (and then she leaves?); or 2) not want to meet at all; or 3) meet you and you find out she has no feelings. Either way, not very good options.

That being said, you should live life with no regrets. If you think you'll really regret not saying goodbye, then you should go for it. But I don't think you should stir up old feelings for a girl you "like a lot".

• I would be hurt if she didn't want to meet we dated for a long time and I wouldn't hurt her by telling her my feelings I would just want to see her one last time as she met a lot to me.

• I think it is probably a bad idea, especially if there isn't really a "point" or goal involved in seeing her. But it's really up to you.

• well if I told her I still loved her it not going to change anything other than she will know what I feel so I think it beest to keep that to myself but to see her one last time and to leave our relationship on good terms would be my goal. In a hollywood life I would meet her just before borading the plane and she drops her bags and come back to me aah weel I can dream

What Girls Said 1

• If you're still on good terms with her, then yes, I would say to go ahead and ask her for coffee or something. Just say "hey, I'd like to see you before you leave for N.Z. how about some coffee?" or something like that. That's only if you're on good terms with her now and have talked to her at some point since you broke up. If you haven't really talked to her or anything, then it's probably not a good idea.

What Guys Said 2

• That'd be a mistake.

#1: She's your ex.

But more importantly #2: She's going away for 2 YEARS. Sure she'll be back to visit now and then but I think it's time to move on. That kinda long distance wouldn't work.

And back to #1: SHE'S YOUR EX.

• Shes your ex, all goodbyes have been said.