''You're beautiful...Can I have your number?''

I got asked this today in a shopping center and didn't know if they were being serious or if it was a p*ss take..It sounds like a bizarre thing to say to a total stranger when you're not at a bar/club. Has this happened to anyone and how did you react?

Most Helpful Guy

• Think of yourself as a fat, smelly, hell-on-a-broom kind of woman. Do you think men would approach you with lustful intentions? Nope, they would probably try and rope you and take you to the local butcher shop for all the meat on your bones at a discounted price not found at Walmart! Instead of being called "sweetheart", "sexy" or "hotbabe", you would get names such as "heffer", or worse.

Be thankful men are attracted to you. Millions of ugly women would do the most unspeakable, graphic, sick-ass stuff to be in your bra...er...um...shoes.

Just how us men see it

What Guys Said 2

• I've been tempted several times to say this to a few girls. Since I lack game, I couldn't even grab a napkin and give her my number.

It's really the honest, straight forward truth of how they feel about you at the moment. Most guys are charismatic and charm you with little effort, others (like me) either go straight for the prize or ignore it. He went for it.

• could have been a dare, probably a player though

What Girls Said 5

• i have had guys tell me that but it was such a turn off to me. I rather a guy come up and ask how am I and what my name then your beautiful and can I get your number.. but that is just me

• Greetings, how is your day? Please tell me your name as you are a lovely and attractive woman. May I please contact with in hopes to meet for a later date?

• that just sounded creepy you would not get a number

• lololololololol

• yep... I just laughed a little, thanked him, and said I don't give out my number to strangers. I wished him a good afternoon too... so hopefully, there were no hard feelings... but I have to admit, part of the reason why I really didn't want to give my number is because he was considerably older, like early 40s.

• what a perv. xD

• that's the thing though, he didn't come off as a perv. like, my perv-radar wasn't ringing hahaha... he seemed like a nice guy, I just wasn't comfortable with the situation at all.

• yes this happened to me the other day. I said I don't even know you. looked him from head to too and was then quit. right after that he asked me again and I did it. Reason why I trying to forget my crush so I decided to date other random guys. in the end we didn't date but it was good for my ego

• I guess that's how some men ask women out, at least he didn't ask to sleep with you.

• Walk away

• At least you didn't shoot anyone or kick 'em in the nuts, I give you that