Your take on being un-photogenic?

do you think it's real? because I know for me it's very rare to get a good picture of me and when I see it I hate how I look. but when I look in the mirror most of the time I feel like I'm decent. does this happen to you? do you believe that some people are just un-photogenic?

Most Helpful Guy

• Two things:

1st, often most people are their own worst critic when it comes to their own photos. I'm like that, I swear there has never been a decent photo taken of me in my life.

2nd, yes it is possible to just naturally be unphotogenic while still being pretty. As a photographer I can say that very confidently.

What Guys Said 9

• I feel the same way about my pics, I'm not even sure about the one I'm using now, but I have my reasons for having it up. I'm just a bit picky and a perfectionist lol I assume that's the case though, but yeah, it's interesting how that works with pictures.

• Well as far the internet goes you only really need one good picture to make a good impression, and you've got that.

• ya some people are just un-photogenic but you can work on that.Me too,I consider I am quite un-photogenic & working on it

I know a lot of people who are normal in real life...but as soon as they are in front of the camera,they are lively and totally a new person(all those traits of being photogenic come automatically for them)

• I'm totally un-photogenic! Altho, I feel I'm getting better about it as I get older, but yeah.

I think I look totally fine in the mirror too, just not in pictures! It's weird...

• I swear that it just has to be the flash casting bad shadows and making imperfections look worse.

• Hard to get a decent picture of me hahaha I am the guy that always has his eyes closed and makes the whole group take the picture 5 more times.

• I look like sh*t in pictures and real life.

Doesn't bother me though. If I were both handsome and intelligent it would be unfair to most women.

Oh yeah.

• I can never take a good photo so idk

• ha I look crappy in pics and in real life so it makes no difference to me...

What Girls Said 6

• I definitely believe its real. I always hide from the camera, pictures never turn out right. I don't understand why its like that at all.

• I feel the exact same way as you about the whole mirror versus picture thing...but I don't think it's ALL in our heads... we only see our reflections so we look weird to ourselves in pictures sometimes, and a lot of different factors like bad lighting, bad pic quality, the angle at which the picture was taken, etc can make your photo look better/worse.

• Personally, I'd like to believe I'm unphotogenic. Either that or I'm tragically hideous.

But I know plenty of people who look much better in real life than in photograph. There's one girl I know who I thought was really unattractive based on her Facebook photos, but she was drop dead gorgeous in real life. Only a few of my friends look as good in photos as they do in real life.

• PS-- You look very cute in your profile picture, so if you're better looking in real life then you're really good looking.

• i hate taking pictures of myself or when somebody wants to. I am unphotogenic too, I hate how I look on pics :(

• i feel the exaaaact same way. it's all good though

i tend to look best in pictures taken of me off guard

• my daughter is so cute and adorable in person but damn if it's hard to get a good picture of her. I think it's because when it's time to take the picture she becomes self conscious and tries to hard to look cute/pretty instead of just being her natural self and relaxing her eyes/mouth into a real smile.