Why do girls not like being called pretty or cute?

I believe that Pretty, Cute and Hot are not different levels of beauty but different kinds. the Pretty girl is the girl next door kind of girl someone fun and not afraid to do things. the cute girl is very feminine in her look and behavior. The hot girl is the chick at the club in the mini skirt that radiates lust. Girls tend to prefer being called hot and are sometimes offended at the other two. I'm a very social person and know how to avoid telling the girls who would take it the wrong way if I called them pretty or cute but why don't more woman look to what's behind the compliment. I have many guy friends who feel the same way about compliments.

Just a thought to reflect on guys want a girl that can be all three. no good guy wants a relationship with a girl that's just hot as I have just defined it. we want a girl that's pretty in the way she can throw her hair in a pony tail and cute like the way you cuddle up close under a blanket and hot for that pure physical lust that drives us mad. but to be honest I would take pretty and cute over hot any day.

Most Helpful Girl

• no good guy wants a relationship with a girl that's just hot as I have just defined it.

^ speak for yourself

There are guys who exist that don't just objectify loads of women purely for sex without seeing anything worthwhile in them and just want to use them to sate their lusts.

Just because you objectify loads of women, don't have respect for them, and see some just as cumdumpsters doesn't mean all men do.

They think it means less attractive than cute

They find cute too childlike & think it means no sex appeal

They find pretty too innocent & think it means no sex appeal

They want to be hot not pretty or cute.

What Girls Said 8

• I'm happy with any compliment :)

• There's nothing too bad about "pretty" or "cute" but they sound like something you'd call a little girl. Those words are childish and innocent. It's something you might call a friend. Women want to be thought of as sexy and gorgeous. But the best thing you can call a girl in regards to her looks is "beautiful". It's respectful and elegant.

• I like being called pretty or cute. Anything positive like that makes me smile :) And I agree that one girl can have all different types of beauty.

• I wouldn't say that I dislike being called pretty or cute. Maybe your just telling the wrong girls...Some girls won't feel like it's enough. That pretty and cute would be more friendly or brotherly rather than something more.

• nah, you can be all of that at different times :P

• Because some girls think that cute and pretty are less then hot.Means that they are not beautiful enough in your eyes.

• What you're saying makes a lot of sense. I usually think that guys would only date "hot" girls so the other two are just said so the girl doesn't feel bad. I shouldn't make assumptions on what cute or pretty mean but society (lol aka the cause of all problems) makes it seem that if you're not hot, guys don't want you. Actually thinking about it, I don't mind being called pretty but cute makes it sound like you only want to be in the friend zone so that's why I might take offense. I'll remember your question though the next time some guy tells me I'm cute and maybe I won't be offended then :)

• I personally am flattered by any compliment cute, hot, pretty, beautiful.. a compliment is a compliment.. but there are girls who believe cute or pretty don't compare up to "hot".. every girl wants to be that "hot" girl.. no one wants to be named that "cute" girl.. I mean it depends on the girl.. I'm personally not like that at all, but I know exactly what you're talking about I see it all the time

What Guys Said 3

• Some girls want to be called hot or sexy, because they think cute is for little kids and puppies. Other women hate being called hot or sexy, because they feel it objectifies women. Those women normally prefer to be called pretty and cute. You can't please everyone, so I wouldn't worry about it. If a women has a problem when you are giving her on honest compliment, then chances are she is not the right woman for you.

• Ya I know and its not an issue I have a great girlfriend. and I know who to tell what I just wish things were different

• It depends on the type of girl you find to use what set of compliments on. If they are very attractive and more confident you would use hot/sexy/stunning etc. If they are attractive yet more in a girl next door style use cute/pretty/gorgeous. Beautiful will work on no matter what kind of girl you find, I consider it the highest compliment you can give, shows interest in inner and outer beauty without sounding like a creep..

• because most girls think they don't get asked out if theyre cute and pretty. they always see guys going for the hot and beautiful ones...