Styles that will suit me.

I am 21 years old and am small in the waist, big in the hips and bust size, I have tried to look good in so many of the new fashion and styles that come out but most of the time, none of them fits well...I am kind of slim but with big hip and thigh(not too big) I suck in pants but look good in skirts sometimes, I can't wear open tops without a bra, all the same, you can't wear skirts and dressy tops every where, does any one think the curvy shapes are attractive?

note: I do NOT have low self esteem, infact a lot of people say they love my looks...to answer a question vulgarly only shows how ignorant a person really is, they don't know how else to express themselves.

Most Helpful Girl

• I work with a woman who has your shape. She wears a lot of dresses and has jeans that do fit her. She wears skinny jeans too. She rocks her shape though not everyone would feel comfortable wearing such body conscious clothing as she does. She definitely stands out.

Regarding fit, you need to find a good tailor and learn about getting clothes fitted to your needs. I understand Kim Kardashian has everything tailored. There is no way she can wear off the rack. You probably need to find what fits your butt and thighs and have the waist taken in. I am not short but a little too tall for petite. So I always have to get my jeans hemmed. I realize that you may feel having clothes altered is not cost effective but beyond that you may not be able to get clothes that fit properly.

What Guys Said 11

• the hourglass figure is the rarest and most desirable body shape among women. most modern fashions are designed around trying to either:

a) make women appear slim and boyish, taking away from their curves and feminine figures

OR

b) make women who don't have hourglass figures appear as though they do.

what this basically means is that if you're trying to be conscious about what's "in fashion" you're going to have a hard time because womens fashion is all about creating optical illusions that the woman looks like she's something she isnt. but true hourglass figured women have such exaggerated curves (in a good way) that there really is no way of creating an optical illusion that's enough to mask/change it. if you wear something that was designed to show any cleavage at all you'll have your boobs practically spilling out of your top, and "cute, classy" shorts and skirts tend to look more p*rnographic/slutty in nature when worn by a woman who has a greater difference in her hip/butt to waist ratio.

in short, unless you dress like a prude you're GOING to look like you're posing for a maxim or playboy shoot no matter how you dress. girls will hate you for it and guys will love you for it. stop stressing over it and just run with it. its not a bad thing.

• Just to inform: I have a friend named Katie who is built like you describe, and the funny thing is that unless she dresses totally frumpy like she just reached into the dirty clothes hamper and pulled out random crap, she always ends up looking like she's prepped for a Maxim magazine photo shoot. It's just the way clothes fit her body. Anything that accentuates the difference in size between your waist and your hips/chest is going to have that same effect on you, too.

• You're full of it. You claim to be thin but you can't fit into any thing? You're a liar. For your information, of course you have a thinner waist than you do hips. ALL WOMEN DO. That's how a woman's body looks you idiot. That doesn't mean that you aren't overweight.

• there! I knew it! a retard had to "pop" it's head...lol

• Your figure sounds lovely. As cliche as this sounds, check out Kim Kardashian's style as she is built similar to how you've described yourself and she seems to be pulling it off. Also, you can't go wrong with corset tops or sun dresses. Best of luck :)

• You have the perfect body for a woman. :)

• I personally find more "looser-fitting" tops (idk exactly what they're called...) attractive, especially on curvy women. Granted they tend to not accentuate her curves as much, as something like a tee/tank top, or something tighter fitting, but they're modest, casual/classy looking, and really look sexy all at the same time, especially if the woman accessorizes well.

It's hard to describe them exactly, they kinda just drape down off of a girl's shoulders, and especially if a girl has a larger bust, they look great! They honestly better suit curvy girls IMO, much more so than a super-skinny girl.

• link

link

link

link

link

I'd rather have a curvy girl than a skinny girl

link

• @update amen to that

for your q, I like skirts and tube tops, and I'm really not any good at fashion because its just not very interesting to me. I think if you got colors that fit well together that will be enough with your own individual tastes..

• peasant blouse, killer skirt, sexy boots... Also some of us men prefer a little curve in a woman. Nothing sexier tha some hips and a nice butt :)

• This is a girlie question I do not belong here...

• More detail would help here. How tall are you, what do you weigh, what's your bra size, what's your hip measurement what's your waist measurement?

• lol

• Well, you aren't really giving us anything to base on answer on. What would look good on you depends a lot on what your body looks like.

• Yes, curvy is attractive. I would recommend just wearing what you look good in. you said you don't look good in pants, but ever try a pair that's loose rather than tight? It might look different. I'm no fashion expert, just giving my opinion.

• thanks I'll try that!

What Girls Said 10

• I have the same problem, I have big boobs, big hips and a big butt, what I find helps is finding styles that are stretchy. Something that will stretch with your curves. Try the longer skirts they have for this season that are stretchy, wear that with some nice boots and a top that is tucked in. Even add a belt to accent your slim waist.

Try layering tank tops underneath open tops, those off the shoulder tops paired with some slim jeans would look good. Just wear a colorful tank top underneath :)

Dresses are also a good thing, one with a lot of stretch. This way you won't have gaps of loose material that will make you look bigger.

For more casual, try wearing tops that cinche in the waist. Anything with an empire waist will look good. There are lots of basic tops that are made that way. And they will accent your waist, and will look really good on you :)

Hope this helps!

• You and I are called hourglass figures. Which are completely sexy. For me, I have to be careful to but I find that tops that fit the form or dresses with an A-line are appealing. If you look online and search the appropriate styles for an hourglass figure then you'll easily find the right clothes for you. Oh! And bootcut jeans are slimming, especially with the right heels. Good luck!

• What is an A-line dress? Mind describing it? Sorry, totally fashion-stupid guy here.

• Like, it's a dress that curves more and compliments the shoulder rather than most dresses that just go straight down like most dresses. Anyways, there's charts and stuff online that tell you what looks best for your shape. Like the baggy clothes that are used a lot now are for sticks. People with bigger chests it makes it look fat on us.

• Dresses are in... so continue wearing what you feel comfortable in. Your type is whole lot better than being a stick figure with not butt or boobs.

• I have the same problem. I find that with jeans if you get a boot cut or a flared bottom it looks a lot better than a straight cut. On shirts... Well I'm still looking for those. but an easy style is a button up shirt over a plain tank top. The shirt can be open or a few buttons done up.

• i have a curvy shape as well and have always had a hard time finding clothes. I recently found this line of pants at the gap made especially for curvy people they fit me amazing you should check them out. now I don't normally shop at the gap but these were amazing. they have both jeans and dress pants and they make my ass look unbelievable.

• I have a similar body build. My trick is waist belts, They put a much prettier look on our figure and it draws attention to the breasts.

So, find open tops and jeans and get your self a waist belt and try this out =)

Have a nice day :)

• I am exactly the same- there is over a ten inch difference in by waist and butt and same with my waist and bust-

Just wear 1959s stuff

The sheath dress- ie tight ad hell and high waisted skirts and pants are your friend

For jeans- my biggest enemy I've found topshop Kirsten jeans work really well

• Curves are way better I don't say this only because I have an hourglass shape as well but because if you see those girls that are super skinny some are pretty in the face but other than that I don't see that they have anything else going on for them now don't get me wrong some can look and be very good looking girls but to me a girl has to have curves..but that's my opinion

• high waisted things and dresses are your friend

• I am the same way, but I mostly just wear jeans and fitted tees when I want to be casual and like old school 50's inspired when I want to dress up. There are some vintage or vintage inspired jeans that would look great for your body type (just look at pictures of marilyn monroe's clothes).