Why do guys show the rim of their underwear on top of their pants?

Is it because you like the look?

Is it because the knickers were expensive and you want to show them off?

Is it because you spent all your money on the knickers you can't afford a belt?

Is it because you lost a lot of weight and now your pants are too big?

WHAT IS THE REASON!?!

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it looks dumb too and every time I see a guy like that I make fun of him with my friends. Do you think it's a coincidence that the rise of this pant sagging thing coincided with the rise of the acceptance of the gay culture in mainstream media? I think it's related to homophobia. The last time that men actually pulled their pants up and wore them properly was the 1980s. In the 90s, when gayness was embraced by the media, men seemed to start sagging their pants. I think it's related. Gay guys always wear their clothes really nice and neat and it seems like this pant sagging thing is a rebellion to that. I know they say it comes from prison culture but we don't adopt all prison trends so why that one? I think it's a rebellion to the acceptance of gay culture.

What Guys Said 11

• I don't do that. My GUESSES are:

1) They keep falling down otherwise

2) To prove to the world that they are WEARING underwear

These are NOT the real answers! My guess is as good as yours. But these are my top two theories. I like your theories too.

• lol, thanks for playing a long, I concur with your theories too. I will have to investigate further :)

• I don't show them off but boxer short naturally rid higher than jeans so if the guy has a short shirt on or is stretching you will see them. For these guys who wear their jeans by their knees I have know idea I had the feel of it and I think it makes them look lie knobs.

• I never have my knickers up that high, I think it looks really stupid. I don't get why some people do it.

• They are trying to show their strength, masculinity, and rebellious nature. Hopefully this silly behavior will go out of style soon.

• Problem?

• It's not intentional, it happens when you don't wear a belt.

• The last reason.

• some of us do, know idea why!

• why do girls wear pants so low that you can see their underwear (especially when they wear thongs)?

• Never seen this.

But another argument would be why do girls wear a long shirt as a dress?

• cause its "in"

and it happens all the time, try to keep an eye out for it...

• haha will do.

• LMAO! She said knickers.

I wear a belt personally.

• It's because they ride up as your pants ride down. Unless you're shirt is long enough to cover down to your pants, it's inevitable that they'll peek out if left alone for a while.

What Girls Said 3

• some pants are too low , I feel like pulling their pants up for them lol , that never looked decent anyway

• as long as its just the rim, it is sexy to me. gives you a little pre-view of their undies :)

• It's because some girls like that style including myself.