Why do girls like fake nails?

I find it a major turn off and it grosses me out. It's better short and natural.

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. They have short nails and want long ones without the growth process

2. They like the ease of decorating fake nails

It's better short and natural

^ to you and I don't think the girls who wear fake nails care much about what you like unless they like you

What Girls Said 17

• because some girls find them pretty. I don't wear them and never have gone to professionally get a manicure.

• I don't really care it's basically just for me, anyways.

I have solar gel nails with white tips (So basically french manicure).. It was such a pain in the ass before to paint my nails every week and I love how they look.

A lot of girls get them done

- For special occasions, I had mine done for grade 12 grad and just kept it up.

- Have weak or soft nails, that break all the time.

- Like the look of them vs their own nails.

- You can always decorate them.. I don't (I think it looks a little tacky).

Mine look like this: link

• I hate them I can't do anything with them-text,write with my pencil...but people at my school always compliment me on it...i only wore them 4 times and dnt plan on ever wearing them unless its for a special event and my natural ones are short or broke

• Eurgh I really and truly hate them. I had to be the model for my sister when she was learning how to do them for her beauty college and it literally made me want to cry. I like having natural long nails, but having plastic attached to my fingers is straight up creepy.

• they're gross bacteria collecting torture devices.

• I think, because:

1. most girls are very creative, and they get to express some creativeness through painting fake nails.

2. Some girls have very weak nails that break often, so they put fake nails on.

• I think they are horrid.

• They look pretty and you don't have to grow your nails out

• cause its somenthing for me just for me and it's all about me. I personally enjoy it and am learning how to do acrilic and solar nails. TO me it looks good I love the french tip even if its done on a natural nail

• I agree with you. I keep my nails natural, and I think that fake nails are really dumb. But my sister who likes them likes them because of the colors.

• I don't like them :O The glue can damage you're real nails underneath :X

• I have a deep affection for everything fake.

• Oh, fantastic question, I reckon its a waste of money, and makes girls look s..lut...y. :P

• Like fake hair it enchances

• i don't. they're horrible and ugly

• I used to have them but they weren't the really long ones and they got too expensive. I kind of liked them but I guess they can be a bit trashy so I don't really miss them. Plus when I took them off my nails were damaged for months, they broke easily and wouldn't grow long at all. This was almost a year ago so now my nails are back to normal but they look bad too long anyway so I don't keep them very long and I usually don't polish them either.

• It is gross.

What Guys Said 2

• yeah I find them gross too :/ not because it's fake I'd date a girl with a fake face lol but nails just annoy me they are so superficial.

• I dissagree I think they look sexy