Females, do looks matter?

This is a very simple question. I ask because I hear all the time females claim looks are not important. I know I'm not the best looking dude in the world lol, but I have talked to very attractive females, but for the most part I tend to strike out with them. I'm not here to judge because hey looks are important to me I won't lie. So females I want 100 percent honesty just how important are looks?

Most Helpful Girl

• Looks aren't that important to most women.

Key word is that.

Girls are less visual not blind.

Plus girls are more forgiving about looks if they feel an emotional connection or find you compatible.

In the cases of attractive girls they're attractive most likely they want someone equally as attractive. Nothing wrong with that since you're actually the shallow one in this case wanting a more attractive partner.

Find out why you're striking out- are you building an emotional connection, do they seem interested, do they enjoy being around you.

• thats why girls have it easier

• LMAO XD how is that why girls have it easier?

Being judged on personality traits you'll most likely keep your life vs being judged on looks/youth that fades...lmfao

What Girls Said 9

• Looks are one slice of the pie. Put it this way, we have to be attracted to you. For most women that does not mean you have to look like Brad Pitt or even close. We just have to feel an attraction to you. I think it is good you recognize that physical attraction is important to us all.

I would say for women it is just one component and seems to not play as important a role for women as it might for guys. In your age range, women are also looking for someone who will be a good partner. They don't want flakes or guys who have no career goals and are just floating through life. Also, being confident helps a lot. That you can talk to attractive girls means you are socially comfortable with yourself and that is a big plus.

• I'm not just gonna answer I will explain it *gasp*

Yes, cause you need to be attracted to someone for anything to happen

but... it depends on what the girl likes, there are different traits people like.

Example, a few of my besties are dating guys that I personally am not attracted to but they say that they are so hot.

But would you really want to be with someone who just liked you for looks but nothing else?

I'm sure you are a looker to someone :)

• Hmmm...saying looks don't matter at all is a lie, but honestly if the person has great personality I tend to perceive him as a better looking person I don't know why. So yeah I can say that looks are for short-term but personality is what matters most, I don't care as long as the person has two eyes, two ears, one nose and one mouth.

• They're pretty important. Looks provide that initial attraction to get you interested in a guy to begin with. And I know I couldn't date somebody who I wasn't attracted to, and neither would most girls. But that doesn't mean you have to look like Brad Pitt either. As long as you're at least a little bit attractive to me that's all I need. And the better a guy's personality is, the more attractive it makes him to me. Also, every girl has a different idea of what she finds attractive.

• It does to an extent. You have to be physically attracted to someone to begin having an interest in them. Its not all about the looks, you can be the most gorgeous guy ever but have the personality of a rock and no one will want to be with him. You can also be an average guy with an amazing personality and ton of girls will want to be with him.

• at first girls are really attracted with the guys with good looks ofcourse, but most of the time good looking guys cheats, because of their looks many girls are hooked up, but sometimes we fall inlove to an average looks of guy . I don't know maybe because of his personality..and average looking guy make me feel secured I mean I can say that I am the only one for him hahaha

• It's probably like 40:60 for me anyway. I mean I don't want to wake up next to a beast but I don't want to hang out with a guy that has the IQ of a caveman and the maturity of a 2 year old

• Simple : I date guys, who are hot and I fall in love with guys who have a nice character and are maybe even ugly.

• Looks are important for sure, but the thing is each person has different standards. What looks attractive to you doesn't necessarily look attractive in my eyes. That's why there are looks out there for every different taste.

• Looks are important but it is incredible just how much a guys personality and level of 'warmth' can effect how attractive they are. I've seen guys b4 and thought wow he is amazing! then start talking to him and he is a d*** and I've just thought, nope 0 attraction now! And visa versa, you can see a guy who you dint think is really that good looking but as you get to know him you start to think wow I'm actually pretty attracted to him now. Best bet is to try to be a kind & warm guy with a GSH :)

• So true. My ex wasn't good looking but his personality was very compelling :)

What Guys Said 2

• Looks draw a woman's initial attention, there's no avoiding that, but how she FEELS when with you is EVERYTHING.

And usually this comes down to your personality.

If you're fun, social, challenging, mysterious, masculine, calibrated, intelligent, passionate, or even just different, then you're doing the right things to improve how she feels when she's with you.

Even the ugliest guy can fix how he looks to become at least a decent 6 out of 10 (working out, diet, healthy, fashion sense, etc) ... and with the right personality any guy can have a 10 out of 10 personality... and that's enough power to get any girl, of any level. :)

~ Robby

• Spot on. Looks are an intial thing but personality plays a much bigger part

• most say they don't, but I believe looks matter to girls more than they admit