Anyone hate lifts as much as I do?

Okay, I'm not a tall guy. I'm 5'11.5" barefoot, but there are guys around my height or a little shorter that are clearly using lifts.

They wear these big boots and actually make claims to be 6'1". It's annoying because I'm wearing honest footwear (like Chuck Taylors or flat dress shoes).

Anyone else have this problem?

Most Helpful Girl

• i don't mind like thicker soled tennis shoes (they are more comfortable and better for athletics) but... I HATE HATE HATE REDNECK BOOTS! every guy in my school wears them and they are ugly and gross and big and loud and muddy and ew! anyway 5 11 isn't that short and super tall guys scare me (im 5'1" and easily intimidated) p.s. converses on guys are hot lol

What Girls Said 2

• that's not short. that's a pretty normal height. also, some girls don't want to have to develop permanent neck cramps whenever they talk etc with their boyfriend, but still, pretty tall.

• I'd hate that. I like a guy to be naturally 6 feet.

What Guys Said 3

• Dude, what the f*** are bitching about. I'm 5'6, that's short. 5'11 is already tall in my book.

• A little but don't let it get to you, they are the ones who have to compensate.

• i didn't even know guys did that. I don't think id hate it if I see it, but id laugh at the guy for being so insecure

• Trust me, my coworker who is no taller than 5'9" max is now 6.1.5" with these boots that he has. Even if he were wearing only boots, he would not be that tall. He wears them all the time. It sucks because girls tend to like taller guys. I mean can't they see how disproportionally short the arms and back are to his height? Worst yet, he actually claims to be tall saying "I'm almost 6'2", which is true in those boots and lifts that he wears.