He never tells me I'm beautiful?

My boyfriend and I have a very comfortable relationship. We don't try to impress each other any more or anything like that. But he never tells me I'm beautiful, or pretty, or talks about my body when we're in bed. Does this mean he's lost interest? Is there something I can do to encourage it? To be honest, it makes me feel a little uncomfortable. I think he's the hottest commodity this side of the equator, and I'd like to know he thinks the same (even though I know I'm hot. I don't need his validation).

Most Helpful Girl

• Same thing with my boyfriend, I know he thinks I'm hot but he never says it! I would recommend giving him some compliments on how hot he is, maybe it will spur him to return the favor

What Guys Said 3

• Maybe what those 2 said, or maybe he's just one of those men that doesn't understand you need to say these things to a women every once and a while. Just tell him about it.

• you don't need to say things to ;'women' . some people like being told things about themselves. everyone likes different things. some people like spending time together, others like you doing things for them, others like physical touch, others like to 'talk' everyone is different.

Q/A if that is what you need/ want, you will have to tell him. If it is not important to him, and he does not think outside of himself too much,he will not know you want to hear that. You have to be proactive about it.

• In general, women do need this kind of confirmation a lot more then men.

• Tell him how you feel.

• maybe he's trying to not seem superficial, maybe he just wants you to think he appreciates more than just your body

What Girls Said 1

• I'm kinda leaning towards the guys on this one, men tend to think we should know that we are confident in ourselves and don't tell us that we are beautiful, pretty, special and all the other things we want to be told that we are!

Personally I'm one of these people who find it really easy to express how I feel, if it's not vocally, it's usually written all over my face! My better half is the complete opposite to me in that respect, when we first met he would never tell me emotionally how he felt, or even physically how he felt, he has chronic back pain and being 20 with chronic back pain is just annoying as hell! But the more we have gotten to know each other, I've learnt his little mannerisms that subtly express how he feels, like when I'm sad, he cuddles me from behind because he knows that I hate people seeing me cry, when he's being protective, his hand automatically lands on my back or shoulder to pull me close, he tells me he loves me when he knows I really need to hear it but it's more the little things that express more to me what he wants to say.

Maybe you should be looking for these little signs in your partner, also you say you don't do much to impress each other anymore? Maybe you should incorporate a date night in to your schedules, one night a week ornery two weeks where you can dress up and go out, or dress up and have a meal at home, go to the movies, romantic walks, double date, anything that you guys can do where you can impress each other just that little bit.