I'm just turning 18 but most people say I look like a 20 year old, is that bad?

I'm just turning 18 in October but most people say that I look like a 19 or 20 year old. Is that a bad thing? It makes me self conscious.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 13

• Not a bad thing. Some people typically look 1-2 years off their age. I did an experiment and on average, I look about 19 and I'm actually 21. So it's not out of the ordinary that you would look 2 years older than you are.

If someone said you looked 24, you might have something to be concerned about.

• It's only bad if you don't like it. I look way older myself and I like it. Makes me seem more wise, haha.

• Get over it. When I was 16 people thought I was 21.

• I wouldn't say so. I wish I looked 20.

• Why would you wish for that?

• ..I don't know. Just to look older. I'm going to be 20 in a couple of months. I honestly don't know if I look it or not.

• You age differently at different ages. So maybe it will slow down later and you will remain looking 20 even at 25.

• stop complaining, most people in their teens want to look older.

• You are almost 18

18-19-20 are looking almost same

• Not to sound creepy but you seem like a really nice guy.

• wrong comment on wrong response

• on wrong guy as well.

• It's terrible and you should end your pitiful life to avoid such shame. lol. jk

It's two years...lighten up some :)

• No, it just means that you're less likely to get carded. Which is a plus!

• it could be the way you dress

• No big deal! You'll probably attract older mature men.

• I want to attract men who are my age not men who are in the mid twenties and thirties.

• no its not bad because when you get older it will be a compliment when people think your older then you really are. When I was 16 people thought I was 14, because I looked young for my age, some people still think I'm younger then I really am and I'm 28

• Most people are not a good judge of age. When I was 15 I was passing for 21 and now that I'm 29 people many times say I look like I'm 25.

What Girls Said 14

• saying you look like a 20 year old is not bad at all! saying your a 30 or older and almost the age of 18 is bad :/

• I wouldn't take it as a bad thing. Afterall I'm 18 and people keep saying that I look like I'm 14. >_<

• Mistaking you for a year - two years older.. Is it really that bad comon'

I get told I look way younger then I am.. its no biggie.

• Eh, you might age quicker or not "as well," but it's not that big of a deal.

You can either accept it or choose to make a big deal out of it and fret over it, speeding up the process of aging. Or be youthful mentally.

• Why would it be bad lol

• Ked older its a good thing sometim wish iIloo

• I wish I looked older

• theres nothing wrong with looking older, people will just respect you a little bit more. heh, I'm 21 and people think I'm 18. So enjoy it and flaunt it.

• I want to look younger.

• change your hair style and the way you dress, sometimes hairstyles make a person look younger depending on the face.

• You are a bit creep... maybe they you are looking like 19-20 because you act like good

but really 1-2 years is nothing you speak like they say that you are looking like 80 what's wrong with 19-20?

• I have the same problem

When I was 14 people said I looked 16 and now I'm 16 people say I look 18

It's sort of annoying but I guess it could help if I wanna watch an R rated movie or something or maybe go to a club.

• No, its only bad about the time you hit 25 and people say you look 30

• No if you like that its your choice I personally don't like looking 15 at age 17

• No it's a good thing. Now people tend to think I'm my age or even a bit older since I act mature and dress sophisticated but a few years ago I would get mistaken for younger. I'm short so that also does not help. I hate being mistaken for younger.

I would not think it is a bad thing. I hate when people think I'm younger than I am. This guy thought I was several years older than I am and I was very flattered though it was disappointing to tell him my real age because since I'm only 20 and not in my mid 20s he now thinks I am just a kid :( oh well

• are you wearing too much makeup? cause makeup can age you

• no , I only wear eye liner and lip gloss.

• not much diff really

I'm 20 and people say I look 15 -.- I think this is worse ...