Anyone ever done a walk/run for a good cause?

I'm doing one one on Monday, for breast cancer at work 11.3 miles. Any tips

Most Helpful Guy

• Have you walked distance like that before? If not, get a pair of good socks (nylon/kevlar not cotton) and put a water based lube (KY Jelly) on your feet before putting on your socks. It may sound nasty but it will save you blisters if you are a new walker. Nothings worse than walking/running on blisters.

• I think I've walked quite a bit, but I'm not really sure thanks.though.

• HaHa! it's not that bad. Usually, people walk about 4 miles an hour so it should take you about 3 hours if you don't stop.

• Oh that's fine then thanks.

What Guys Said 4

• I did a walk when I was in school for Cancer I think, tips would be have someone you like with you so you have someone to chat to and hydrate yourself well, also haveing good runners or something is a good choice, nothing worse than sore feet when your halfway done lol, good luck with it :)

• Yes. A firefighter died in the line of duty and the city held a memorial March/run for him.

• I do the relay for life every year.

• 11.3 miles? Um, I'd drop out after 2 and just go home, if that's possible.

• I would, but its for a good cause.

• well if it's that bad you can always give up

I walked about 20-25 miles in one day once.

• I won't give up, never have. Wow that pretty amazing was it just a casual walk or?

What Girls Said 9

• yup, I did the AIDS walk, March of dimes, arthritis walk, breast cancer... whole bunch of walks. it's not difficult, imo. just keep hydrated, they have stands all along the path, wear appropriate clothing, be comfortable, WEAR GOOD SNEAKERS! I wore my asics and I felt fine. have fun :)

• Yes, did 17Km for Caritas Australia (carrying buckets of water on the way back)

Just pace yourself

talk with mates as you go

enjoy the scenery

if you start to feel pain or tiredness think about the cause.

And good on you!

• Yuppp I did a marathon for sick kids. Dress comfortably, take water and pace yourself.

I'm doing a 14 km one next month, so nervous!

Good luck :)

• walk with a friend/family member.

• walk for hunger & breast cancer

• I've done AIDS WALK.Wear comfy shoes.Maybe bring some water or a snack.

• No , I've never done that though I will some day.

• I did a walk for childhood cancer. It was fun

• I've done 10k for cancer research dressed as a fairy and all I can say is that it almost killed me but was so much fun. Just remember to pace yourself and keep drinking water. Warm up and stretch before you start and once you have finished to avoid injury and try and get a good pair of running shoes. Good luck!