Are we pre-disposed for attraction of a particular type?

OK I'm 23, 6ft 4. 185lbs. thin build: I find all types of girls attractive; I don't just stick to one "type". but I was thinking about my last girlfriends and found a startling similarity. my last 3 gfs have been about 5" 7 - 5"10 and all of them have been somewhere between 115-140lbs. I've never dated a girl shorter than 5"6 and I've never dated one lighter than 115. I'm attracted to ones outside of my pre-date range, but more strongly attracted to girls with larger features...butt, bust, height...ive been told that "curvy" girls (ones with a higher proportion percentage (hips to waist, bust to waist) are usually attracted to taller guys amd vice versa...also, a lot of my friends who are shorter than 6ft only like really thin girls...does this sound true in anyone else's experiences? or is it that I'm just attracted to girls who aren't what I am...really thin?

Most Helpful Guy

• ya I think everyoneis predisisposed to some degree. early gfs and influences play a huge part subconsciusly. a few of the girs I dated looked somehwat similar and every girl that I dated as far as I can remember has brown or hazel eyes for some reason. so yes to your question in fact there's tons of studies that corroborate this.

What Girls Said 4

• i honestly think this is true most people stick to a certain type without realising it however theese types don't always refer to looks sometimes we date people that have similar personality but look completly different with that in mind we all like what we like

• My boyfriend is 6' 4" 180 lbs and I am 5' 1" 123 lbs, My aunt is 5' 2" 110lbs and her husband is 6' 3" and about 300 lbs, I am not really thin but I am not really "curvy" either, my boyfriend is thin and to be honest I'm one of the skinniest girls he's been attracted to. I've never heard of this prediction but I have noticed a lot of tall men dig short women...

• all the men I've fancied or have had crushes on have been similar. Outwardly totally different, but with similar personalities.

Yes, I believe we are predisposed to being attracted to a certain type, but not necessarily looks. However it might be that men are more about physical features than women.

• I think so ... I seem to be most attracted to guys with a similar build, though I can occasionally be interested in guys who are different too. I don't think it has anything to do with your own body shape, though ... I think its just something in our brains.

What Guys Said 0