If my right eye gets smaller when I smile but my left eye stays the same size, is it a lazy eye?

I hate it >:(

I only noticed it like last December lol. It looks so bad :(. It's only when I smile big. When it's just a tiny smile nothing happens.

So, is this a lazy eye?

Also, is there anything I can do to smile normally?

I doubt anyone really notices it that much in real life but I think it looks really weird in pictures which is why I don't like it. I think it's really noticeable in pictures (at least I sure as hell notice it - it really sticks out to me).

Most Helpful Girl

• mine do that too, I never noticed until a few months ago and now it bothers me whenever I see a picture of myself. just practice smiling in front of the mirror and then you should be able to control it, like squint your one eye more so it's even with the other one lol

• Lol yay I'm not the only one :). Has that worked for you, practicing in front of a mirror?

• yeah it's worked, you just gotta squint one eye more than the other, but sometimes I forget, and when I'm drunk and pictures get taken, it doesn't work that well lol ;D

• Hahaha alright :P

What Girls Said 6

• *Tries to hold back a roaring laughter*, jks. I'm sure its nothing to worry about. My advice to you is to stop looking in the mirror to much.

• LOL. It's fine if you laugh at me. And hahaha greeeeat advice... only thing is I don't look in the mirror very much, I just see it whenever I take a picture of myself and I'm so self-conscious about it that I try to take a bunch of pictures until I get one where it's not so bad.

• Yeah you spell it like that and I spell it how I wanna spell it and LOL I was joking too ...

• Lol fine :P

Haha I know.

• Lol mine does that do. But it's not really noticeable and it's nbd

• Yours isn't noticeable you mean?

• Sure but how will I know which one is yours :P

• Oh ha ha don't worry I'll send you the link.

• haha Don't worry,it is not a big deal.

You didn't see how my eyes get smaller when I smile lol,forget it.

• Haha okay but yours is both eyes right? Mine is just my right eye :/

• Well yeah you shouldn't stress about that cause it's both eyes so it probably looks completely fine. For me it looks weird cause it's just one eye. It's like I'm in the middle of a wink.

Haha nope I don't smile a half smile. I smile a full smile.

• Affect my self-esteem*

Take All the space*

Dont worry it is not a big deal really..

• Nobody has a symmetrical face/body. You don't have to worry.

• Yeah but for most people, not having a symmetrical face is a good thing - a symmetrical face would look really messed up. But for me as the anon below said it's an extreme case which makes me look weird (in my opinion at least - nobody else has ever commented on it). I doubt anyone really notices it that much in real life but I think it looks really weird in pictures.

• it is because the muscles in your cheeks are different (ex. I have 1 dimple becase the muscles on my left cheek are shorter than my right.) same thing with squinty eyes. its not a lazy eye its just your face muscles I mean you could trying to hold your eye open when smiling at home but I mean I don't think there's much you can do about it maybe try a softer smile honestly no one will care no one is perfect!

• most people don't have symmetrical faces and their eyes do that as well. your's is just an extreme case

• LOL knowing mine is an extreme case kinda sucks for me :(

What Guys Said 1

• I never noticed I had that on my left eye till one of my friends saw a picture of me but it's not a problem since she thought it's cute ;)

nobody have ever noticed it though ... even myself

• That probably means yours isn't as bad.