How should I change my looks?

I'm really sick of how I look right now, I basically haven't changed much in the past 8 years or so. So what are some good ways to change my appearance enough so that people will notice, but without a huge pricetag or making people think I'm attention seeking. I have long hair too, do guys like long hair better?

Most Helpful Girl

• Get a new hair cut! It's the most significant makeover. Also change your dressing style and wear makeup if you don't ;)

What Guys Said 3

• Clothing and accessories. Yes men like long hair but there are subtle changes you can do with your hair (keep the bangs). Wearing lots of make-up is never the answer. Most guys like the natural look and not a lot of foundation or caked on eye make-up. Find some new things to do and new people and live a little and you may see yourself in a different state of mind and get out of your rut. Oh and if you shop at a Ross store or a Loehmans you can walk out with 3 or 4 really pretty brand name dresses for 60 or 80 bucks.

• I prefer shorter hair to long hair. New haircuts always offer big changes and aren't that expensive.

• Long hair is sexy. As for changing your appearance, a piercing.

What Girls Said 5

• Get a haircut, that is a good way of changing your look but with minimal money. Sure haircuts can be a bit expensive, depending on where you go, but it does change your look a great deal. Integrate new items into your wardrobe and pair them with old items. Try new combinations of clothes too, pair a new top with something you wouldn't normally. Get some cool pieces of jewellery, or even make some of your own :)

You don't have to cut your hair really short, but trying a new style can be a good start. I am looking to change my look too. Maybe dying your hair or adding streaks can also change the look a bit. And hair dye is not that expensive :)

Also check out thrift stores, I have gotten so many good pieces for fall that I wouldn't have been able to afford elsewhere. It's a good place to find one of a kind items and bulk up your wardrobe without spending a whole lot.

• At drug stores they sell products like this : link They are basically highlights and color for your hair, super easy to apply, and you can find one super close to your hair color so its just a little change. I've used them before, they really brighten up your face and are usually around just 10$

Also, I find that everyone looks good in a coral color lipstick, I just bought one and it really make me look more awake and brighter and happier, seems crazy but the color was really cheerful :D

As for haircut, I would leave it long, you could trim any dead ends, and do an olive-oil hair mask, you basically just take any olive oil you cook with and run it through your hair and sleep with a towel over it, rinse it out when you wake up and your hair will be super silky and less-frizzy and damaged.

These are all the things I do :D Hope this helps

• Wow, that's a heap of great suggestions, thanks heaps! Does the olive oil thing really work?

• yeah it does, or you could keep your conditioner in overnight

• Cut/style and dye your hair.

• Try a new hair style, new make up, or even new clothes.

• i would keep the long hair but try adding some shape to it. get layers or bangs. also, start experimenting with makeup- if you don't wear it- or try to wear it in a different style. for example, instead of outlining eyeliner around your eye, try putting a thick layer of it on only the top lid. small changes like that can really change up your look. but honestly, don't give a sh*t about what people think. if you want to change your look up, then do it. if you wear it with confidence, I can assure you that you'll pull it off.