Why should I NOT join a sorority?

downsides of sororities...what do you think of sorority girls...

Most Helpful Girl

• First off, keep in mind that not all sororities fit the stereotypes. And all sororities have different view points and life styles. But here are some things to consider a possibility (keep in mind I could be wrong):

-they're materialistic

-they let you join by your physical features, brand of purse, shoes, clothes, how much your family makes, etc.

-they're promiscuous

-they don't encourage the sisters to be in a relationship

-they look down on others if they're not greek

-etc.

But hey, I've met so many amazing Greek members. They're not all like that, but depending on which sorority you want to join, it'll either be the best thing you've ever done in college or the worst.

What Guys Said 2

• Usually avoid those sorewhores...especially Tri-Delts: Blond Buxom Bitches...

• What exactly is their purpose? Is it just a networking thing? I honestly don't know.

• It's a sisterhood. You become involved in community service and are surrounded by girls who share the same interests as you.

What Girls Said 6

• Some people think you're paying for friends, however, most people don't understand joining a sorority isn't easy.

P.M.'s go through rush or recruitment and will either be cut or receive or not receive a bid from the sororities of their choice. Not everyone automatically gets in.

Why you shouldn't? Perhaps if you don't make the cut towards the end of recruitment, if you can't balance extra curricular activities and school, if you aren't social or can't afford it.

There are no reason to join or not to join.

People just enjoy stereotyping

• Because they are a bunch of cocky a-holes who could care less about "sisterhood." But what do I know? I was in a sorority for 2.5 years.

In all honesty, if you want to join one that's cool. But at my school they were all stereotypical and I ended up dropping because I couldn't handle the petty drama and backstabbing. But it might not be like that everywhere.

• I am glad my school doesn't have those

• You don't need to 'buy' friends. This is exactly what I think of a sorority.

• no reasons why. sororities are great and a lot of fun

• theyre drama drama drama bad influence peer pressure disables you to grow as an individual you end up being a slut having sex being played by guys you lose your morale and esteem when other chicks bring you down theyre not real friends they just use each other for popularity and showing off but in reality they end up partying so much they fail in school and don't make it far in life its a dumb cult and you're so much better off without it

• wow how do you know all this?