Should I Dye My Hair or Not?

For the past month or so I've felt like I need a change. I wear my hair down curly with mousse everyday & I take very, very good care of it. I'm biracial so, it's curly like most would assume it would be on a mixed child.

I'd post a pic of what my hair looks like but I don't have any

I don't straighten it or use any heat, cause it's damaging.

Do you think it's worth the damage to dye it simply for a difference?

What color would you recommend since it's going into the fall? I have bronze skin & brown eyes :)

what motivated my question was a desire for change. Get a clue. Being condescending isn't cute

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 10

• Are you thinking natural coloring like different shades of brown/red, or non-natural like purple/blue? If you're going for natural I would be fairly careful about how you pick because with a darker skin tone it may clash quite a bit. If you're going for non-natural I would say whatever color goes best with your usual choice of clothing and your eyes because it's sort of the point of non-natural colors to clash.

• 1) How I love to love Evangelina...

2) Will we EVER get to see what you look like? ...waiting...waiting impatiently...

3) I don't know if you shuld dye your hair..I don't know what you look like or what your hair color is now..

4) And besides...u never take my advice anyway...do you? :O

5) Brown eyes? Probably dark hair...

6) Are those you feet in your profile pic? eh. I don't have a foot fetish...OR DO I? :D

• It's hard to say without a pic, but I'm leaning towards not dying it. I'm assuming its dark hair? I think with your skin tone, it would look better dark. Maybe just change the style/the way you wear it.

• Nah. I'm sure it's good the way it is.

• It seems to be fine just the way it is!

• no, you should rock your natural hair

• I've no idea what you look like so I'll say blue/purple but you may turn out to look like a freak afterward. L

• Keep it how it Is or make it a really dark color.

• I would keep it :)

• lol. keep it natural! natural is better.

What Girls Said 17

• If you're not 100% sure about dying your hair there's a few choices you can do :)

You can simply change your haircut. Different parting, different lengths, and, haircuts aren't limited to skin tone :)

The first time I dyed my hair I wasn't sure so I only used a semi perm. dye, but you can even get wash in wash out. That's one way to see what suits without commiting to it.

Or, you can just get highlights? Highlights can be subtle or bold, you can have any color. When you say highlights you automatically think blond, but it doesn't have to be! I had red highlights on dark brown hair at one point.

Hope that helps :)

• There are after color treatments that basically returns your hair to what it was before. I have to upkeep dying my hair and it does make it really straw like and blah. However, I found this after color treatment (sealer?) that closes the cuticle and does WONDERS for my hair. It's better than it was before I started dying.

That, combined with moisturizing conditioner, and you really don't have tons to worry about as far as it looking damaged/feeling damaged.

Go for the change up and try the brown you were interested in. If you hate it, dye your hair a color closest to your natural color then let it grow out.

• I think you should get highlights. A girl I knew in high school, who was dark complected, had really dark natural hair but then she put in some really colorful highlights (hot pink, electric blue, etc). I thought it looked really cool on her and it might work on you.

• Speaking from experience - chose a color very carefully if you do dye it. Take into your skin color as well, not trying to sound by any means. I'd avoid any light blondes. I'm naturally tanned and when I dyed my hair blond, it looked like a cheap hookers hair do.

Also consider when it starts to grow out will it look normal with your natural hair color? or will you have to dye it again.

If you start dying it multiple times you might as well use a straightner because the damage will be equal lol

• As long as you use a really good deep conditioner, dying it once won't do a ton of damage. I say go for it. I find experimenting with my hair quite fun.

• I just dyed it blond Saturday. my hair is dark brown, and let me tell you...its a radical change. but I like it so to hell with the world <3

do you!

• I think a lighter color would look pretty but it's up to you. Dye is very damaging, but I've heard it also depends on the type of dye you use. I've also heard that if you get tired of it you can recolor it back. In the end it's your decision!

• sure what color is it? I think caramel brown would look good on you

• You need a dye that is harmless to your hair...I just dyed my hair Brown a month ago...and back to black...i didn't get damage...I think you need some type of protectant product...(I didn't use any)

Well if you are worried...keep it the way it is. :D

• Why not? change is good.

link the girl in the pink on the left has a pretty hair color

• No, don't do it because you're bored. Get a new style, and change up your look. Once you dye it, you have to keep it up, and it gets expensive. Really, I'd leave it.

• What color is it now? Black? I guess you could dye it brown for a change, but I'm sure it looks nice how it is. :]

• maybe a deep brown with honey or caramel highlgihts?

• try blond with brown high light it would be perfect

• A color hair that I fell in love with, and noticed it looks good on a very wide range of individuals was the burgundy color.

The color I am talking about is:

1. link

2. link (This is a bit more vibrant red, but still pretty..but id recommend going more dark, related to the first pic)

3. link

I absolutely love this color and recommend it to anyone that is wanting a new change. I have naturally light brown hair. I went to this color and absolutely will not go back to my natural. It is a gorgeous color!

• Go for caramel or brown dyes, or do dark brown highlights. I'm not sure whether it's worth the damage, but if you have a very frizzy and dry hair, you would have to put in extra effort and work to protect and take care of your hair if you want to dye it. Highlighting the hair will be less of a damage, but it depends on whether you like it.

• i would recommend a caramel color