I have really sensitive skin. Big problem with shaving :S

Girls, I have really sensitive skin and every time I shave my skin really gets irritated and bleeds, no matter where I shave, I have shaved with everything possible but still I havn't find anything that works well and that doesn't irritate my skin so much, any idea girls? what could I use? any special make? any tips so it won't get so irritated? Any help will be helpful, it's a real hell every time I need to shave, and that's often :S, thanks in advance :)

Guys, if you know anything too will be great :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Make sure you clean your razor,in hot water and even with some alcohol or anti bacterial gel,because bacteria can build up and then irritate your skin.Also make sure you use warm water to shave and also I'm not sure of where you live,but there is a product called TriShave and you use it while shaving and it stops you from getting red bumps.I find it really helps.I've also heard of a product called Oliveology and it's just olive oil and they've made it so you can just shave with it..You could check those out :).If there is something you want to shave with,make sure it has no alcohol in it,as that can also irritate the skin.

• Thanks, those are really good tips, and I will try to find those products ;)

• No worries :) and I think Oliveology you buy online..those products all depend on where you live and if they are available so yeah just check them out :)

What Guys Said 5

• Maybe you could just try an electric shaver I have never felt any irritation or have ever cut myself with that but it just takes longer sometimes. It seems to make your skin feel smoother too. I would suggest getting some after shave lotion too. I don't know if girls have as many choices as guys though.

• Thanks :), I might try that one too

• Usually I try to shave after a hot shower. The hot water relaxes the skin. Plus you could try shaving in the direction of the hair so there won't be much resistance. You won't get a very close shave but it avoids razor bumps and knicks.

A fresh razor cuts cleaner but you have to make sure you don't cut on an angle. If you still have problems, you might want to check out waxing instead.

• Thanks, I will try that :)

• You might want to shave while in the shower. I only step out because I can't see the area without a mirror. Good luck. :)

• Yes I have while in the shower but sames really :/, and thanks a lot I think I need the luck :P

• dont shave upwards ALWAYS SHAVE DOWNWARDS, that's all you need to do and it will fix it

• I do, but its the same, still gets very irritated, and thanks :)

• I know is not that, I'm extremely gentle, is my type of skin that is really sensitive :/

• maybe its just too sensitive or you if your not use a new blade and not a dull one and if that doesn't work then you could just wax, wax makes it extremely smooth and lasts a long time

• First of the green and yellowish discharge is not normal...Get that treated. What are we talking about?

• I don't get that of the green and yellow lol, and I have already gone to the doctors and they have diagnose I have atopic dermatitis, it's not serious and I have a special shower gel and cream, so that's under control, it's the shaving bit :S

• Have you tried waxing? Have you tried a product like Nair?

• Yes I have tried waxing, and it was fatal :S, and no never heard of Nair, is it good?

• it's a hair removal cream, I've never used it but one of my friends usually does and she likes it :)

• Thanks Just--a--Girl, I will try that one ;)

What Girls Said 5

• Always shave with shaving cream - never shave dry or just with water.

Or better yet, you can try a different hair removal method besides shaving. There are many different ones such as the auto dissolve type, waxing, sugaring, laser etc.

• Thanks I have tried many other methods but either they don't work well or irritates my skin, I was thinking of laser, do you know anything about it?

• my step mom told me about this foamy thing that removes the hair and all you have to do is wash it off.. if not you could always try waxing

• Thanks :), I might try something like that :), wax is a no no since it's fatal for me :S

• have you tried using shaving foam and a new razor? it's usually smoother :) then lots of moisturiser!

• Yes I have, I always do that but still, my skin is too sensitive :S

• Thanks a lot, I will continue trying stuffs lol :)

• good luck then! :)

• what kind of razor do you use and have you tried other razors? you can also try hair removal creams. they might be worse for you though because they are essetially burning the hair off.

• Thanks :), I use venus right now, I have tried removal crems but they don?t seem to work properly, and I can't keep them longer for my skin :S

• Try waxing or use a product like nair. You rub it on your legs and wash it off