How much looks matter?

Looks of a girl matter about 70% for me. How much it matters if a guy is well build? As percentage.

Thanks for the answers. If there are some females who wonder why males are so have a look here: link basically it says that beauty is indicator of fertility.
Edit:th correct link is here: link

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah it's about 70% too, if I'm not attracted to them physically I don't think I could ever date them. I'm not going to say I haven't ever considered a guy who to me only had a great personality, but because of his looks no matter what we would never get together.

In terms of looks I rate myself at around a 7+, which is above average so I can afford to be a bit picky. (i'm saying this because I think your own attractiveness matters a lot in a question like this.

• That is true. If you feel you are an attractive person, chances are looks will matter more to you.

• Exactly.

What Girls Said 9

• How much looks matter? To me it's 100%

How much it matters if a guy is well build? As percentage. 100% of course all of that means nothing if his face is not attractive.

• well built? I don't really care, looks matter to me about 30% and that's only when I 1st meet a guy and know nothing about him.

• Who wants a hot jerk boyfriend? I sure as hell don't lol it's an even 50/50 for me. Uve gotta have a good personality but at the same time I won't like you if you aren't physically my type of guy. A little bit shallow I know but oh well :p

• 10%

• like 55%

• 10-15 %.

• So the majority of you dating someone is about looks? Personality matters only a mere 30%? You might as well just have a f*** buddy for life then since you'll never appreciate a woman's personality as much as she would need.

• You cannot make strong babies if you don't have hot genes.

• But most humans who aren't shallow are actually looking for something more than just looks. Meaning that percentage would be 50% or lower. When it goes over 50, it means you care more about having a f*** buddy than you do about having a real partner.

• I couldn't put it into a percentage since I would not be interested in a guy for anything other than friends if I didn't think he was good looking. If a guy is hot and then turns out to be a jerk then he might as well be ugly on the outside too. Both looks and personality matter a lot.

• looks are about 30% for me. Not that important, but there has to be enough there for me to be physically attracted to him

What Guys Said 6

• If you don't have the looks, you better have the income to make it appear that you can support the woman.

• looks don't make up a percentage for me, it's just the first requirement on the checklist for a potential "mate"... simple biology. Of course, if a girl meets that requirement, then it's all about personality, interests, beliefs, common ground, if she loves me etc

• Totally depends between first impression and permanently. First impression looks can play more than they actually do for me. After that first time seeing them, their personality is a high percentage than looks

• so this means we'd have to move to another galaxy. I think there's another one behind the milky way. geysers aren't really problematic in space since there's no gravity. :)

• probably around 10%... I mean I have to notice you.

• Fore a one night stand it's almost everything (ballpark 80%). For dating/relationships you have to catch my eye, but if the personality isn't there it doesn't matter how good you look and if you have the personality, looks matter a whole lot less (ballpark 10%).

• So does that mean you are into well built guys? Like you are 30% bi or something?