Number rating girls for more than looks?

3 guys were sitting on a bench at the campus yesterday, and were giving girls number ratings as they walked by, “she’s a seven” etc.

When I walked by:

Guy 1: She’s a seven

Guy 2: No, definitely an 8

Guy 3: Yeah, high 8. Maybe a 9 if she’s got a personality

I thought that the number ratings were for looks? Is there something that I’m missing?

They didn’t know that I heard them, so it wasn’t like they were trying to get me to talk to them or anything. Guys?

Why did this go to sexuality? lol

Most Helpful Guy

• my friends and I use it mainly for fun. We give our honest and subjective assessments of a girls attractiveness and rate her accordingly. The number is for looks, personality, style and whatever else ATTRACTS us to girls.Truly though your not missing anything because when we are really approach or talk to girls, she is not a number but a girl that could potentially be my better half.

What Guys Said 4

• Generally it means attractiveness. However guys actually do give some credit for personality, and also for how sexual the girl is.

As I read somewhere 'A 7 who is DTF any way, any time, might land a 9'. Very true.

• Yeah it's only for looks for me. Not just her physical attributes but also her style. Did you feel flattered or annoyed?

• Confused! Lol. A friend & I had been sitting around the corner waiting for our class to start, & had been listening to them. A skinny blond walked by & they gave her a 7. I have dark hair, hips, & a butt, while I'll admit the blond looked unfriendly, why would they give a model looking type a lower ranking than an average girl?

• maybe it was because she looked unfriendly. Attractive girls smile.

• What you're missing: number ratings are meaningless. Utterly, utterly meaningless.

• I know guys that go by different methods, but my method is this... My initial number rating is based on how sexually attractive I find a gal. The higher the number, the more I will humble myself and perform sexual acts on her that put me in the inferior position. (e.g. giving oral sex, and other kinky acts where I'm the sub) This initially is based only on looks... because that's all I usually have to start with.

If I get to know the gal, that number can change. If I fall in love with her, she goes to a 10. If I find that she has a toxic personality, the number can drop.

• Oh... and I don't take the number too seriously. While I have a certain level of attractiveness necessary to want to date a gal, I will easily date a gal who I initially find to be less than a 10. If everything goes well, she naturally becomes a 10.

What Girls Said 3

• Omg this is true, a guy told me I was an 8.5 because I am pretty AND have a great personality. I was confused too, but he explained that personality has an effect on attractiveness so therefore people who look/are nicer get a higher number! I hadn't been aware of this either

• Well, obviously that guy simply feels that a good personality makes someone more attractive. But you know what number ratings are truly for? Showing everyone around you what an asshat you are :P

• I know, that's why I was kindda ticked off about it, but I was just trying to figure out what I was missing...

• They were probably rating you as a whole package;-) apart from personality obviously because you don't know them>.>

meaning they were rating you on; face ofc;) and boobs and bum most likely?

• face, boobs, legs and ass are the prime factors yes. But we look at the whole package, style, clothes, amount of make-up etc. Or at least I do.