Homecoming; what kind of dress/color should I wear?

I'm a sophomore in high school, and I got asked by my senior boyfriend to homecoming dance. I don't know what kind of dress is appropriet or the colors? I've never been to one since my school doesn't allowed anyone but the seniors... So, help! what is good?

• Other?
  • Shorter dress bright color form fitting
  • Shorter dress pale color not so form fitting on bottom
  • Medium(knee) length dress pale color
  • Medium(knee) length dress bright color

Most Helpful Girl

• If you google homecoming dresses, you'll get an idea. Usually, HC dresses are what you described in E, although black is also a common choice for color. Here are some to look at link .

Start with picking out a few colors that you like and/or will look stunning on you. Then figure out if you like puffy short dresses or more form-fitting ones. Try going into dress shops and department stores to actually try some on. You never know what you'll fall in love with.

What Guys Said 1

• why not a full flowing gown that looks stunning instead of something short or even just knees? Don't go trashy or slutty, go classy and awesome -_q

What Girls Said 3

• Your school may have rules on what kind of dresses your allowed, length is usually the only restriction, maybe whether or not it has straps too, otherwise you're safe to go with whatever formal dress you fall in love with. :) But either talk to other senior girls or go to the office if you need to find out possible restrictions.

Long dresses are usually safe bets though. :)

Have fun!

• You should wear something shorter than knee length, but not too short. Probably around mid-thigh. Wear a bright color like purple, red, green, blue- whatever color looks best on you. Don't wear a neon or just too flashy color. Don't wear a long dress. Nothing at or past your knees, but you also don't want it showing off your butt. A lot of girls wear short, tight dresses, but I think that's trashy, so I don't recommend it. Get a dress that is somewhat tight, but not really clingy and revealing. Hopefully this helped! And I hope you have a great time at homecoming :)

• You can always go into a women's clothing store, tell them the occasion, and they'll do their best to help you find an appropriate dress.