Style, preppy vs. athletic?

When I say athletic, I don't mean body type. I mean type of clothing. And by preppy I don't mean sweater vests, but more of that casual preppy. To give you guys a visual:

Preppy: Cardigans, v-necks, converses, nice jeans, Abercrombie and fitch, polos, etc.

Athletic: Sports tees, sweatshirts, they use running sneakers as casual sneakers, baseball caps, etc.

So ladies, which style appeals to you the most? and even the guys; which style do you like better?

udolipixie brought up a good point; both these styles are on nice built guys.
I guess to give you a better visual; check out these pictures (went through the trouble of blacking out faces so girls wouldn't be biased if one guys hotter than the other, this is extensive research lmao):

- Sorry, can't hyperlink.

Preppy: imageshack.us/photo/my-images/706/screenshot20110908at528.png/

Athletic: imageshack.us/photo/my-images/215/screenshot20110908at534n.png/

Most Helpful Girl

• I didn't look at the pictures but I don't lean more toward one or the other. Mostly because the guys I like wear both. For the most part. My current boyfriend wears athletic clothes. Other guys I've liked wear preppy clothes. But I think it's best to mix them together. Mainly because guys who wear preppy clothes tend to be self centered, dramatic and materialistic. But jocks can be overly absorbed in sports, bully-ish, and stupidly unobservant.

(Please keep in mind, these are stereotypical observations and do NOT apply to everyone, so please don't take it personally).

Putting them together I think is a good mix because people can't judge you based on your clothes, they have to get to know you because your expressing yourself with two different personalities. Not to mentions that if you do it right, they look really good together. Like a JUST DO IT. shirt, Hollister jeans, Nike shoes, and an A&F bracelet or necklace. Or you could switch off from sporty to preppy every day or every week or whatever you want. I think a switch up gives people character and a kind of multiple personality that makes me want to get to know them.

This of course is a very visual perception based on possessions, but its true. Many people are very visual and other people's possessions matter to them. So does how well they take care of themselves. So as long as you dress nicely, for the most part it shouldn't matter too much to most people.

What Girls Said 14

• Preppy. But fuck abercrombie and fitch haha.

I love v-necks, flannels, plaid, vans, pf flyers, docs, converse, skinnies, etc.

When I see an athletic guy wearing all his gear. I mean it's nice to see him and his super freaking awesome built... But to be honest, I would be more into it if they weren't jerks.

Preppy guys are more uh, sweet to me... And they appreciate my style more.

Vs Athletic people & jocks who sometimes make fun of what I'm wearing.

Like the time when I got my 3 in high creepers, those hot guys tried bringing me down. LOL & i fucking hate that

So it's different for everyone... Whether they like preppy/dressy guys or sexy athletic people... :)

• I don't like either no offense. Preppy is too... Preppy. And athletic is too... Athletic lol. I don't really like sporty guys or guys who wear abercrombie or whatever because it just is eh. I don't like it. If I had to choose a style for a guy it would be grunge, rocker.. Normal? I don't know if it fits the guy it fits the guy I guess. The guys who usually wear those two types of styles aren't usually my type but It doesn't mean I wouldn't be open to dating either of them.

T-shirts and jeans are cool with me. Plaid, button downs.

link That's what I like.

I guess if I HAD to pick athletic... even though I still don't like it... gahhh.

• I like the preppy style on athletic guys. lol

• Haha, not saying the preppy guys aren't athletic. I'm just talking about athletic as the "style"

• @EddieGuitar

probably because it makes you feel important for once

^ ah my new troll

So did posting on my answer make you feel important? LMAO XD

• @EddieGuitar

Pretty pathetic to be trolling someone because you got all butthurt over an answer?

Or was it the fact that after you insulted me unprovoked because you didn't like my answer that my insults were way harsher and completely wrecked you? lol

• Preppy, but even better than that why not go for vintage :).

• both suck

• Why bother answering if that's all you're going to say? lol

• so you can take into account my opinion and know that some people think that both of these styles suck

• I usually like guys in preppier clothes, I feel like it is so easy for them to look sloppy in athletic clothes.

• i like preppy, looks more formal & nice

• athletic.

• I prefer preppy over athletic, I think it looks more put together.

• personally on me I wear 'preppy' clothes most of my jeans are a&f or the higher end clothes On my boyfriend he wears the athletic style more but it works for him.

• i guess my boyfriend pulls of the athletic look cause he is very built and muscular

• This makes me curious. I would expect a girl of your taste to be more into a "preppy" guy (at least like the one I described. Nice to see that you'd still date a guy who doesn't wear too many high ends clothes. Not that you're materialistic, but you don't see that too much. At least not where I'm from.

• dont get my wrong my boyfriend has many high end clothes and espically his jordan sneakers he wears all the time. But I'd rather him comfy and relazed and if I asked him to dress preppy I know he would case when we go out he dresses preppy but normally everyday he's dressed athletic and himself . I don't want to change anyting about him .

• Both, but I don't like it when a guy is too preppy, it doesn't suit them.

• I like athletic better but most guys I find attractive wear preppy clothes.

• I love both! :P

Although, I'm more likely to lean towards the Athletic guy

• lol both are preppy, but I'll go with the basketball shorts because they it fun to play with his d***

What Guys Said 2

• ehh, either looks good on a built guy, if a scrawny guy wears all the athletic stuff it kinda looks weird... but if the guys built id assume it looks better. I don't really fit either def. I wear my hat (always) sweats and either sweatshirt, or tshirt

• Just wondering, does preppy come from "to prepare" and do you use it to describe people who study a lot to try to go to college?

• Haha, nice my man. Not too many guys are comfortable rocking a cardigan

• Well I don't wear cardigans but I do like dressing up with a nice jeans and a nice shirt, looking good.