Walking past women with ZERO eye contact, means?

kinda of a weird question, but here we go:

when you ladies see a guy at a distance then walk past him just staring off away from him, not noticing him at all, are you doing this because you don't want him to say anything to you? is it just that you saw him and you aren't attracted, or you already have a boyfriend, married etc. ?

did you see him from afar then say:

"uh oh, this guy is gonna check me out and possibly say hi or something, so I'm going to pretend he doesn't exist"?

or do you not notice him at all? or is it maybe:

"i want him to say something to me and approach me but I'm not going to give my attention away so easily?"

if you don't see him at all, isn't that bad street awareness? for me, when I walk past people, I always just give them a quick glance JUST to make sure that they are there for safety reasons. but I DO admit, if I see someone from afar that's probably randomly talking to ppl, panhandling or something, I do avoid eye contact for they won't speak to me. is it kinda like that? you avoid having a guy hit on you so you don't look at him at all?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• are you doing this because you don't want him to say anything to you? I'm doing it because I'm not obligated to notice random strangers

is it just that you saw him and you aren't attracted, or you already have a boyfriend, married etc.? Most likely I didn't really see him guys are like big blobs to me not really human

if you don't see him at all, isn't that bad street awareness? Yep in fact most girls have it. It's because we get approached so often that you kind of just not notice anything male shaped.

Also if you get catcalled in public enough you'll tune out male voices. One time I almost ignored a guy in the middle of the road who needed my help because I'm so used to be catcalled by males.

you avoid having a guy hit on you so you don't look at him at all? LMAO XD if that actually worked seriously what would work besides disfiguring myself so I can avoid being hit on lol

Sponsored

What Girls Said 2

• The secnod one... About not giving away attention

• It could just be that she didn't see you/register you at all.

Or if she's shy she will look forward so that you don't notice she noticed you because she's scared.

Or she just doesn't want you to talk to her but usually if this is the case she'd look more uncomfortable/down a bit more.

What Guys Said 1

• in my opinion its disrespectful for any gender to not acknowledge someone else's presents, and girls can misjudge you just for being friendly, I open doors for everybody but get the least respect from younger women as if I was doin it just for them

• referring to the town I live in where there's a ton of a**holes and no one expects you to be friendly, I know its differant in other places